Next Gen Evolution

by Qon

Nests absorbing pollution causes evolution to increase instead of when it is produced. An improvement to vanilla pollution evolution behaviour. Default values are balanced to allow you to turn vanilla pollution evolution factor off without changing difficulty but everything is Qonfigurable. Doesn't impact UPS. /ngevolution to see evolution factor

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

b [Not a bug] First 1.1 issue!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

With starting a new game I turn default evo off and using NGEvo. Nothing is triggering, trees, pollution reaching them, even adding biters deaths add 2 evo, nothing works. Still at 0.0% evo. (Almost 4 hours in)

3 years ago

Thanks for the report. If you could send me your savefile it would make it easier to debug.
From the changelog of Factorio 1.1 nothing should have changed so the mod should work as before... but maybe it did break somehow?

3 years ago

Not sure how to send the file to you. Tried looking at different means through this wiki and your connections to it.

3 years ago
3 years ago

It's working fine! :)
If you type /ngevolution you can see how the factors contribute. or /nge_debug for the actual numbers used internally.

The reason you don't get evolution is because the trees are absorbing the pollution at a level that is too low to damage them, this is actually decreasing the evolution with the (-3) factor. If the pollution were to increase enough that it would damage the trees then that would contribute to evolution increase instead (9). And pollution reaching nests will also increase evo even quicker.

So not a bug, you just haven't reached a point where you are damaging the environment with your pollution yet.

If you run
/c game.player.surface.pollute(game.player.position, 1e8)
and wait 1 or 3 minutes then you will see evolution increase. (You can test it without saving)

3 years ago

Wonderful! I'll have a proper game. Was confused when I hacked like 120 trees and no evo ticked happened at 20 evo per tree killed. But if that is just happenstance to not trigger, then nvm. Thank you for checking.

New response