Natural Evolution Buildings

Add some very useful buildings to combat the Enemy threat, as changed by N.E. Enemies and other mods that increase Enemy difficulty. Please visit home page for more details.

Content
9 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Is this mod dead ?

3 years ago

No updates in 5 months, and now it's not compatible with 1.1. Would be a shame if it's gone, as I loved this mod

Pi-C β˜†
3 years ago

I still intend to update this. Sorry for the long period of no updates. I've started a couple of times to work on the NE mods, but then got sidetracked. One issue is that several entities, recipes etc. are shared with Bio Industries and need to be in sync with it again. But things have got so complicated there (name migrations, restructuring of locale files) that I wanted to get that in a working shape before doing anything else on NE. I've also some other mods I'm working on, and some of these had nasty bugs as well, so even more side tracking!

But to answer your question: This mod isn't dead, it's just … fallen asleep. :-)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Oh no, that's ok. We all have lives, just if it was dead I'd probably hunt around for something different, but if you're going to do it, more than happy to wait :D This and Bio Industries are two of my favorites (3 if you include NE Enemies)

3 years ago

Hi. Just registering my +1 to please get this mod updated whenever it can be. Totally understand life happens. :)

3 years ago

any update Someone has ported NE enemies (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Nova-Natural_Evolution_Enemies) , but not NE Buildings, and these are the only 2 mods in my "set" that I don't have updates for yet. I'm holding off playing 1.1 because I love these mods so much. I know theres such a thing as real-life (honestly, there is), but was just wondering if you'd had any time to look at this ?

3 years ago

ok, there wasn't much broken. They added a new collision layer, so the reference to layer-12 needed to be changes to layer-13, and the demo-sounds.lua file is now just called sounds.lua.
I temporarily ported it over to 1.1, and it "seems" to all be working https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Natural_Evolution_Buildings2. I will not be supporting this port, and will obsolete it as soon as the original gets updated.

3 years ago

Very cool! I'll check it out and let you know :)

New response