MSP - 30 new Science Packs

Play with 30 new science packs and a new technology tree (if omniLib enabled) that adds efficiency tech to the various science packs. This mod is not an extension to lovely_santa's mod by a similar name. It adds 30 science packs but they are all pretty inexpensive. A TON of customization exists for the mod and individual packs can be disabled. Mod integration engine designed to add pack types to entire tech tree (only applies to technology that can be traced back to vanilla tech). Optional inclusion of omniLib enables new tech tree that unlocks various levels of efficiency tiers for each pack that will auto-update machines when research completes.

4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18

i Support for Disco Science

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hey, would you consider making your mod support Disco Science? I've made an API to make it easy to register ingredient colours: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/DiscoScience/faq

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

on_configuration_changed only runs if a mod updates or is added/removed, won't i have to also run it on init()?

(updated MSP locally, and worlds already-created got their science labs working proper with the disco lights, but new worlds don't work..unless i add/remove a mod and reload. )

4 years ago

You’re completely right of course! I’ll update the FAQ tomorrow. Thanks for trying it out, and for letting me know.

4 years ago

next release will work / patches into disco science. Both new worlds without any changes to mods and existing worlds will be corrected/updated.

4 years ago

used:

script.on_init(
function ()
discoScienceInit()
end
)

script.on_configuration_changed(
function ()
discoScienceInit()
end

Then wrote a local function, "discoScienceInit()" and listed all the remote calls in there.

4 years ago

That makes sense. It’s a bit annoying you have to write that helper but I guess that’s just how those callbacks are meant to be used.

This thread has been locked.