MSP - 30 new Science Packs

Play with 30 new science packs and a new technology tree (if omniLib enabled) that adds efficiency tech to the various science packs. This mod is not an extension to lovely_santa's mod by a similar name. It adds 30 science packs but they are all pretty inexpensive. A TON of customization exists for the mod and individual packs can be disabled. Mod integration engine designed to add pack types to entire tech tree (only applies to technology that can be traced back to vanilla tech). Optional inclusion of omniLib enables new tech tree that unlocks various levels of efficiency tiers for each pack that will auto-update machines when research completes.

4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18

b Missing nuclear science #19

4 years ago

Am playing with Pyanodon/ Bob/ Angel - worked great for 400 hours, now I can't find nuclear science #19. I researched nuclear power once I made the expensive production science packs but still can't make it. Any help?

4 years ago

I have the same problem

4 years ago

probably caused by bobbingabout removing kovarex enrichment process.

4 years ago

How do I stick it back in?

4 years ago

Science 19 shows up in FNEI search but there's no recipe to make it. Also I do think Kovarex is still a listed research option.

4 years ago

Until I can locate exactly what Bob did.. what the new tech is named internally, set the result count for pack 19 to zero. That disables the pack from being a research requirement

4 years ago

Cheers, can you tell me how to do that? Ignorant over here.

4 years ago

From the main menu, Modsettings, startup settings, find msp's swttings, then set the result count to zero for pack 19

4 years ago

I guess I have to lose my 400 hours, eh? No way to modify the settings in an ongoing game? Cheers--

4 years ago

Ah, never mind. That seems to work for now! Cheers. Let us know if you find a better solution later. Thanks again--

4 years ago

Doesn't look like bob's mods or angels are causing it. Still not even able to reproduce the given issue, so i can't even begin to locate a fix, as i'm not sure what, / under what conditions the issue occurs.

4 years ago

If it's any help, this is my mod list: https://imgur.com/a/1ktjlKr

4 years ago

I'll look into it

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Deprecated mods detected. Looks like you're probably still on factorio version 16. No support or mod updates are being performed for factorio v16. But in the case where individual packs are not craftable (or research tree is broken) due to interference from other game-overhaul mods, those individual packs can be disabled by going to startup game settings, and setting the result count of that particular pack to zero.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Mods in your list that have been updated to 0.17.69 have been loaded successfully with MSP and pack 19 located/unlocked via Nuclear power correctly. If omniLib is also included, the tech tree involves efficiency upgrades for the packs and individual researches for each. A progression-check has not been tested with this setup yet, but as i just did a fresh install, i'll look into that in the weeks to come. (i'll do a playthrough to see if i come across anything game-breaking) in the 0.17 update to the mods.

4 years ago

Yeah I understand it was never a guarantee, but when I started the game 0.17 wasn't yet ready to run with these mods. Any chance you can help me with a missing place to craft the 'processor' from advanced electronics in Pyanodon's High Tech/ Momo Science 30? It has a recipe but no machines are willing to make it. The electronics assembling machines are supposed to but they won't. Cheers-

New response