MSP - 30 new Science Packs

Play with 30 new science packs and a new technology tree (if omniLib enabled) that adds efficiency tech to the various science packs. This mod is not an extension to lovely_santa's mod by a similar name. It adds 30 science packs but they are all pretty inexpensive. A TON of customization exists for the mod and individual packs can be disabled. Mod integration engine designed to add pack types to entire tech tree (only applies to technology that can be traced back to vanilla tech). Optional inclusion of omniLib enables new tech tree that unlocks various levels of efficiency tiers for each pack that will auto-update machines when research completes.

4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18

i SpaceX FTL Theory Research

5 years ago

So I know fixing technologies from other mods probably isn't your biggest priority, but I just realised that SpaceX's FTL research is a teensy bit harder then it probably should be. Normally, theory A requires 250000 red science packs, simple but lots and lots of them. But this mod makes it 250000 red science, and EVERY SINGLE OTHER SCENCE PACK the mod adds. It's not actually that much of a problem, I downloaded SpaceX to make the game last longer, but thought I should point it out.

5 years ago

MSP doesn't change the pack quantities/requirements of any research. remove all mods but MSP (and omniLib if you're using that variety/gamemode), and SpaceX FTL and confirm.

5 years ago

Oh no, the mod is working fine. SpaceX adds an endgame research that requires only red science, but has a prerequisite of the rocket silo, so MSP adds in all of IT'S science packs to it. Honestly I don't have a massive problem with it, but thought I should share.
For instance, the next research is normally 250,000 red and green science packs. It's supposed to be a big number, but it's just that MSP doesn't realise that the tech probably shouldn't have ALL 30 of it's packs added. Maybe for the first tech only the first 5 or so Science packs should be added, but I understand it's not either mods fault. I don't expect an update for some minor mod compatibility issue, especially if it's not game-breaking.
Love the mod btw, I use it in every play-through now.

5 years ago

Ok. Now I get what you're saying. The integration engine adds packs to every technology based on those that are required by its prerequisites.. I could add a blacklist and name specific techs to skip. Probably simplest method

New response