More Science

Changes the science pack recipes, take it to the next level. Just so it isn't always the same boring vanilla recipes...

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

i [Maybe implement] SpaceX/More Science -> No support for modules and beacons?

4 years ago

Jsut wondering if it would be possible to add modules and beacon support to the Rocketpart assembling machine? They take a vary long time to build a single item and it's not possible to add modules.

Is this intentional or is possible to add this support. Thanks!

After 100hours in game with this mod, finally getting to the rocket! Wow!

4 years ago

Create a pull request should you which to implement:
https://github.com/LovelySanta/FactorioMod-MoreScience/pull/27

I am testing it on my copy, no issues so far.

4 years ago

Hi, I am aware that it does not support modules. I am 100% sure to not support any kind of productivity (except for the silo itself). However, I am debating if I could allow to make speed and efficiency modules available. The PR that you made is not fully correct, but thanks for the effort. I'll see what I'll do, I've a note for this, but for now it stays without any modules. The main reason for this is that I wanted the user to create a 'big' setup (size wise). This rocket assembler is an intermediate step, without changing the resource amounts required for the rocket, which basically would result in a free (20%) rockets in the end.

Kind regards
lovely_santa

4 years ago

Thanks for the consideration. I didn't change the silo and it fully accepts modules as it, even beacons. So many beacons :)

Even with stock modules, the process is still very slow but I understand what you are striving for. Sounds like I need to clear out some more space to get even higher.

Thanks again!

4 years ago

It is true that it is slow, but keep in mind, in vanilla you have to create 100 'parts' for the rocket, and with my mod you only require 1 'rocket' to assemble, that's why the recipes are so slow. If you take the silo to produce 100 parts, creating 1 rocket takes the same amount of time.

From that time I derived the times needed to create the ingredients, which consumes the same amount of materials as the rocket parts do (with or without other mods like angel, it stays the same). So that's why it takes so long, as it consumes time for 100 parts (all at once). I know it is slow, that's why I am maybe considering allowing efficiency and speed modules on my assemblers.

Kind regards
lovely_santa

4 years ago

I agree - having play tested with modules, I think allowing 4 modules may be a bit too much. I was able to reduce significantly the rocket assembly machine count. Adding beacons only makes it more ridiculous.

New response