More Science

Changes the science pack recipes, take it to the next level. Just so it isn't always the same boring vanilla recipes...

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

b [Fixed] Wood production nerf question

4 years ago

I notice that with More Science - BobAngels Extension, wood productions has been nerfed to 1/8 since the 0.16 version. Before one organic tree Mk3 produced 50+ units of wood, but in the latest it is only 8 for the mk3 organc tree recipe. This also mean that you lose fuel value by further processing (100MJ->16MJ after sawing).

The Mk1 and mk2 wood recepies has also been nerfed.
MK2 fuel value 70->12
Mk1 fuel value 40->8

I suspect the difference is that caused by the receipe changes in Angels Bio processing (there is only one saw recpie that produce 8 wood from 1 tree). The basic tree cultivation recipies produce 4,6 and 8 trees.

Is this nerf intentional?

4 years ago

Let me start on that topic from the beginning...
It all started with bobs greenhouse growing seeds into raw wood, so I made my own tree growing in my base mod, to produce trees, I told this to angel - who was at the time - initial working on the angels bio mod, so he added the wood production in his mod. When he saw I used a saw to create the logs from the tree, he added that into 0.17.

So the update from 0.16 -> 0.17 to 'extend' wood processing was actualy already implemented in angels mod. I think the raw production of wood/sec is still the same, but I just adapted to angels crafting times if I recall correctly.

Here I got 2 options, I can lower the fuel value of a tree, OR, I can increase crafting time & maintain the fuel values where it produces more wood.

I think i'll adapt again to my recipes, where I produce alot more wood from a single tree. I'll mark this as a bug, as for sure, the decrease of fuel value isn't intended.

Kind regards
lovely_santa

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

So the Organic trees have a respective fuel value of 40, 70 and 100 MW (+30MW from previous tier)

I updated the wood production as you described, I only create 1 tree, but 1 tree creates 8 times as much wood.

• Tier 1
    • Angel: 4 trees at 8 wood each = 32 wood/cycle
    • MS: 1 tree at 32 wood each = 32 wood/cycle
    • Fuel value processing: 40MW tree -> 64MW wood
  • Tier 2:
    • Angel: 6 trees at 8 wood each = 48 wood/cycle
    • MS: 1 tree at 48 wood each = 48 wood/cycle
    • Fuel value processing: 70MW tree -> 96MW wood
  • Tier 3
    • Angel: 8 trees at 8 wood each = 64 wood/cycle
    • MS: 1 tree at 64 wood each = 64 wood/cycle
    • Fuel value processing: 100MW tree -> 128MW wood