Content
1 year, 11 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Environment

b [Solved] Tiles not available

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi,
I've added this to an existing save - one with concrete already researched.
The options for choosing color concrete are not available on the assembler.
The options are available when choosing Personal Logistics.

edit: I tested by un-researching 'concrete', then re-researching it.
This gave me access to the objects.

For anyone who finds this and wants to know how:

/c game.player.force.technologies['concrete'].researched=false; game.player.force.set_saved_technology_progress('concrete', 0)

thanks

2 years ago

Hi, thanks for posting this. Basically the issue is the game doesn't "refresh" what recipes are unlocked by technologies when a new mod is added. I'll see if I can write a migration for it.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

thanks!

I would think it would be something you could put in the on_init event - check to see if concrete is already researched. If so, either enable all of your recipes or 'unresearch' and 'reresearch' concrete.

2 years ago

I looked into it a bit and this shouldn't be necessary according to Factorio's own documentation. "The game resets recipes/ technologies any time mods, prototypes, or startup settings change, so this does not need to be done in migration scripts."

I'll see if I can reproduce and go from there, I haven't forgotten about it.

2 years ago

I actually can't reproduce it. Would you happen to have a save?

2 years ago

I apologize, this appears to be my fault - caused by other mods.

I had a mod, Dectorio, which I removed. Then I added your mod, More Placeable Tiles. That is what required that I un-research and re-research.
Apparently, Dectorio makes enough changes that your mod couldn't get back on track.

Sorry for sending you on that goose chase.
I do have a save I will share you that you could reproduce this by removing Dectorio, then adding yours.

I've put a copy of it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11eFXN7crzgVjZQIE1rm2RrXYWScr97Pv

2 years ago

No worries, I appreciate the update. I'll leave it as-is since that seems to be a conflict caused without, but if it crops up again I'll add some logic.

New response