Mining Drones 2.0 Remastered

by AivanF

Adds mining drones and depots providing great yet cusomizable balance: - robust drones recipe ingredients instead of pure iron - normal pollution rate - electric energy usage - editable stack sizes - many compatible mods And so much more! Everything is configurable, many supported mods. Locales: 🇬🇧 English 🇩🇪 Deutsch 🇪🇸 Español 🇫🇷 Français 🇹🇷 Türkçe 🇺🇦 Український 🇷🇺 Русский 🇨🇳 中文

Content
7 months ago
Mining

g [DONE] Compatibility: Warptorio2

11 months ago

I really like this mod, but unfortunately, it does work with Warptorio. If you pick up the harvesters with a mining depot on them. Then place it down again. The depot becomes inactive and the miners just walk around aimlessly. Was not sure which mod is causing the issue here.

11 months ago

H and thanks for your appreciation! Let me add a link to the mod: Warptorio2 by PyroFire.
I never tried this mod, need to research. Also, there is no patch or fork of original Mining Drones that adds compatibility – does it work by default?? It would be really strange because for now MD2R changes nothing in ore scanning/mining process 🤔

11 months ago

I installed and had a brief look over the mod, it looks interesting, I'd like to add compatibility! 😊 But I don't understand its terms, what's the harvesters? Is it the kind of floor tiles which teleport everything on them? If so, I see no possibility to pick and put them, seems like they added automatically with special researches. Technically it's quite possible to make depots rescan ore patches on teleportation (for now you can do this manually using /mining-depots-rescan command). But isn't it useless to teleport depots as is, cuz it's unlikely that there would be an ore patch at the same place... Or "harvesters" mean something different?

11 months ago

Technically speaking, "harvester" in this context is just "a zone" (say, "West Harvester") with one small entity (Lab). You mine this small entity. Putting down the small entity anywhere on the overworld map causes the mod's code to paste the "West Harvester" on that small entity. Whatever you put the "West Harvester" on, is now where the "West Harvester" originally was. So it's basically a "zone swap".

When starting a new game and unlocking the "West Harvester", it's a blank zone where you can't put any miners on (since miners need resources under them for them to be valid). So the first thing you do (or well, can do), is pick up that small entity and drop it right on the ore patch. Then put the miners on. Now, when you pick up the small entity again, it'll take all the entities (not the ores) with it back into base (The original "West Harvester" location). This allows you to now put the small entity anywhere - even without ores - and the miners will come with it.

So what happens with mining drones? I don't know as I didn't test. But the depot will disappear, leaving any miners behind that weren't on the platform (i.e. ore patch too big or you just decide to put the "West Harvester" next to an ore patch instead of on top of it). So my guess is that this is what the problem is. Perhaps the Depots also don't activate properly when, say, ores "suddenly" appear on the area the depot would harvest from where there previously was none. So yeah, that manual scan.

When your whole factory warps to another planet, the old surface also gets destroyed (With a few exceptions such as "Home Planet"), potential cause for more issues?

11 months ago

Thanks for the details, TSP! Seems like this is complicated and requires more investigation, I'll try to research and solve it.

11 months ago

Hi! I spent several days to find out how Warptorio works and to add compatibility. I just published v2.0.12 that provides drones & depots support of warp/harvesters teleportations so that drones and depots keep working, also now drones also benefit from W2 additional Productivity research 😊👌

11 months ago

Absolute legend!

11 months ago

You're welcome 😁

New response