by Klonan

Adds mining drones and mining depots

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Mining

g Trying to fork a "Mining Trucks" mod

3 years ago

I'm trying to fork this to make a "mining trucks" mod, where the drones are bigger and more powerful but you get less of them.

So far I've managed to get most things working, but I cannot figure out how you control the number of drones able to be placed in each depo. I'm wanting to turn it down to ~5.

Depo crafting speed and recipe energy both seem to do nothing. Any chance you could throw me a pointer?

3 years ago

isn't minding drones mod what you'd want? It has a limit on number of miners you can put and integrated directly with the road network.

3 years ago

Hence why I'm forking this as the basis.

And I figured out a way to cheat this - I'm letting you put as many drones in as you like, but only 4 will come out at a time.

Dirty, breaks the general assumptions about factorio, but it works, and the text overly shows it.

3 years ago

The limit is set in the recipe generation

3 years ago

Cheers.

New Question:

I'm getting major lockups when drones are coming back to the station - they just sit there, don't unload, don't despawn, and don't get a new order.

Is there somewhere other than handle_order_request() or return_drone() that might help me figure out what's going on?

3 years ago

I don't know, if you're just reskinning them it shouldn't affect that

3 years ago

Looks like it was making the collision box appropriately larger that made them jam so much (The truck sprites I'm using are roughly 3x3 squares, rather than the 1x1 you used)

I've turned it back down for now, but any chance you'd be willing to point me at the places that need tweaking if I wanted to make it bigger again?

3 years ago

They are probably getting jammed because the pickup/dropoff position is too close to the depot, and the attack range is too small for mining the entities

New response