Maintenance Madness

by Arcitos

Adds a complete new game mechanic: Maintenance! Create a sophisticated spare parts logistics and bring your mall to its absolute limits! UPS-friendly and MP-tested - Now with a fancy GUI!

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

b [Fixed] Manual replace on aging machine doesn't reset age.

4 years ago

Please let me know if I'm just doing something incorrectly.

When I use the manual replace hotkey of a machine with the blue recycle symbol, the age does not reset.

So far I'm enjoying having to ensure redundancy and the set and forget of outpost happens alot less.

Thanks for putting this mod together.

4 years ago

seems to have updated age. Is the age reset on a delay?

4 years ago

Hi Veden, this is the intended behavior. If a bot or the player fullfilled the replacement request, the demand icon vanishes immediately. The actual replacement happens only at the beginning of the next maintenance cycle. This is to keep the amount of maintenance events at a reasonable level even in bigger bases.

Nevertheless, the delay between action and reaction is probably an issue in terms of UX, I guess. Would you like to have some status timer, e.g. something like "Replacement completed in [mm:ss]"?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I have no problem with the behavior, I think it is more about setting expectations.

If you added in the description of the blue replacement icon something like, "When replaced, age will reset on next maintenance cycle" or something about a delay would be more than enough for me at least.

Thank you for taking the time to respond

3 years ago

I've added a indicator to show if a machine is about to be replaced. But I also made the description in the entity description more clear to avoid any confusion. Thank you for this hint!

New response