Maintenance Madness

by Arcitos

Adds a complete new game mechanic: Maintenance! Create a sophisticated spare parts logistics and bring your mall to its absolute limits! UPS-friendly and MP-tested - Now with a fancy GUI!

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

b [Fixed] CRASH of MM because of "Unknown entity name: mm-chest-mini-assembler-2"

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

although i had (and still have) problems starting my factory, i couldn't stop using this mod :-) and by using some "cheat" mods to produce science research (all seven sciences available as minable science bottles, and all seven sciences available as minable science ore that can be crafted into corresponding science bottles) i needed a lot less machines and thus only needed to replace maybe 2/3 of my factory until i researched batteries, plastics, etc (but still didn't find oil on my map yet). in addition to these mods, i am using some other mods including "mini machines", and thus i got the following CRASH, probably when the first mini-assembler-2 got a need for repair for the first time:

223154.898 Error MainLoop.cpp:1183: Exception at tick 1143926: The mod Maintenance Madness caused a non-recoverable error. Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event MaintenanceMadness::on_tick (ID 0)
Unknown entity name: mm-chest-mini-assembler-2
stack traceback:
MaintenanceMadness/control.lua:286: in function 'startMaintenance'
MaintenanceMadness/control.lua:1189: in function <MaintenanceMadness/control.lua:1104>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'create_entity'
MaintenanceMadness/control.lua:286: in function 'startMaintenance'
MaintenanceMadness/control.lua:1189: in function <MaintenanceMadness/control.lua:1104

ps: the logfile really lists these two tracebacks and then aborts, not including a closing ">" after the last "1104" :-)

4 years ago

Ah, ok this one was a load order issue. "Mini Machines" adds their machines in "data-final-fixes" and is loaded after MM, thus MM never sees those machines and also doesn't create the chests for the maintenance events. I've added the Mini Machines mod to the list of hidden dependencies, it should be fixed now.

4 years ago

THANKS for the update !

i installed the new version, continued playing that map from the last autosave, and had no further problems/crashes even though some mini machines were completely worn out and had to be replaced in the meantime now.

New response