Luzivras Factorio Power [Continued] deprecated

by Kingdud

Adds Solarpannels and Accumulators MK 1-8. Originally by YouTube_Luzivras, updated for .17

Content
5 years ago
Power

b Items do not show up in crafting menu.

4 years ago

I downloaded this Mods but the items do not show up in my crafting menu. It does show up in filter options like filter inserters. But no way to craft them neither in a assembling machine.

4 years ago

There should be a research option (Solar Panel Mk1 or something similar). One research for each mark (1-8). Same for the accumulators. Do you not see those?

4 years ago

Not sure if this got resolved. I just installed and I see:

1) Research in the Research tree. Obviously this must happen first before the new panels show.

2) A new tab in the crafting menu (it also rearranged the order of the other tabs... not ideal, but we can get used to it).

3) An error in the naming for the reasearch... the results work and seem to unlock the right stuff, but all of the researches are labeled Mk1.

4) While the solar panel Mk1 shows in a different color, there is no visual difference on accumulator Mk n and the original accumulator. That can be a bit confusing. I recommend fixing it. Not sure about higher Mk n solar panels... I am still unlocking them.

5) Even though this is the ONLY advanced solar mod that goes the distance into the GW range per panel (the best you see with other mods is 1000x = 60Mw max per panel) and yet this mod doesn't have many downloads. I suspect that the main reason is the lack of a thread in the main Factorio forum and perhaps a detailed description of the mod. I recommend creating such a thread, including a good description/tutorial, maybe some screenshots, and very cleary pointing out how many GW you can get out the footprint of a single solar panel.

4 years ago

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Luzivras_Factorio_Power <--there's the rest of your downloads. The only thing I did was make this mod work (somewhat non-ideally) in 0.17. As long as I can plop a panel down and keep it going, I'm happy. I know that sucks for the end users, but...I got it working in .17 at all, so, I made my useful contribution. :p

4 years ago

That original mod you pointed to does not support 0.17. According to the site (and in-game installer) it ends at 0.16.

Also, in the 0.17 version I do not see any accumulators after Mk2. That makes the mod pointless, as you need accumulators to go along with the panels.

I understand that you only did a minor improvement to make it work in 0.17 but an advanced solar mod that can go to GWs in a single panel/accumulator footprint... is too good a concept to let it die, somebody needs to take it over and bring it to completion.

New response