Logistic Machines

by JDOGG

New tiers of entities that come with integrated requester and provider chests and a substation. Now works with Bob's Mods and Krastorio2 entities!

Content
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i [RESOLVED]Auto Set Requester Chest to Recipe Items

3 years ago

It's complicated to set both the recipe and then the requester chest data, an easy way to do this would be to use crafting combinator, but I'm sure there are other ways as well.

3 years ago

You can wire a constant combinator to the invisible sub station with the recipe ingredients. This is really only useful if you have multiple machines using the same recipe.

As far as using the recipe to force the requester chest to call for the specific items, that would take a lot of work to do. I know there are mods that do something similar which I could use as a base but I'm not sure if I want to go down that rabbit hole haha. That being said I'm not totally against this idea.

3 years ago

The easy way would be to make Crafting Combinator an optional dependency, and to stuff the crafting combinator and recipe combinator entities into the assembler if crafting combinator is enabled.

3 years ago

Yeah that had crossed my mind, however i still have to figure out how it reads the recipe. I'm assuming it will be based on being next to the machine, in which case it will take tweaking to make it function correctly. Alternatively going down the rabbit hole of using their code to implement something directly into this mod.

3 years ago

yes, it's based on being next to and pointing at the assembler/other machine. I don't know if it would work or not if it was placed inside the collision mask like the chests and inserters are.

3 years ago

Yeah, that's my concern. Something i can look into though. It won't be any time soon, but when I get time.

3 years ago

I've been looking through the source code, and am new to Lua but I think I'm learning some things. What section would the information on logistic_requester_chest_mask be in? Thanks!

3 years ago

The logistic_requester_chest_mask variable is just a call to the default game image of the requester chest. It's a global variable set in the data.lua file.

This will have no effect on the requester chest itself, it's only a graphic for the icons to show that the machines are different from their base entities.

I have the mod on github here: https://github.com/JDOGG88/Logistic-Machines you can create a fork of it to mess around with and submit a pull request.

3 years ago

I've forked it and was was looking around in there, and I'll keep looking and keep learning. Thanks!

3 years ago

Nice, have fun ^_^ let me know if you have any questions. If i have time this week I may tinker with it myself.

3 years ago

Hi, I think that ive discovered a bug. If you open the labs custom config window and after that open a assembler, the assembler also hast just the requester part of the gui. this can be circumvented by using the custom comand to open the assembler even tho i didnt check the box for that command.

Also, would it be possible to set the connection for lets say the green wire to the requester chest as default to is connected so we at least dont have to open every lab or assembler to do so. this would enable players to use the drag function for recepie and then just connect green wires to a combinator and be done with it.

The amount of time to set 130+ assemblers or labs or whatever is insane.

Thakns for the mod tho it is really nice to play with it.

Kind Regards

3 years ago

When you open the assembler GUI have you closed the lab GUI first or was it still open?

I've thought about how to go about making the default wire placement and I think the best way will be to add a button to the top left like other mods do and make a GUI that will be read from for default placement of wires for newly placed entities. This will require a fair bit of work to do correctly and I'll have to have it determine if the entity is a lab or not and if a default setting is to be used or to leave them blank kind, of how bobs inserters work.

This falls into my TODO list but I've been super busy with real life stuff.

3 years ago

No it happened after closing the window...i never took a shot at trying to let the lab window open and then go to the assembler.
What about making an checkbox within the options menu to select a default behavior like, green wire checked to requester box or whatsoever...could be an option.

3 years ago

Fixed the bug you found, thanks for finding it ^_^

The default placement GUI and crafting combinator work is still on the TODO list but it's going to be a lot of work so I just wanted to push the little bug fixes for now. When I have more time on my hands I'll get around to messing with them.

3 years ago

Thanks for fixing. glad to hear you are still working on it. take the time you need.

New response