Logistic Gun Turret

by Robokat

This mod adds a Logistic Interface that attaches to gun turrets, to keep them stocked with ammo. New: - Support for modded turrets and artillery turrets. - Startup setting that allows to automatically broadcast interface request slots changes to other interfaces inside the same logistic network. - New item: Turret Buffer to work as proxy for Turret Interfaces. Can broadcast his setup through logistic network and auto-configure when laid out. - Multiplayer compatible.

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat

g Interface not accessible when on turrets

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Greetings friend !
Great mod by the way !
Im having the same problem somebody had a years ago, tried reading the threads to find solutions but it seems to be with my client...
I use a lot of mods , none logistics related besides yours , LGT used to work and I added a few mods and it stopped working for some reason and its really hard to understand which one is interfering with it.
Can i use some help ? Cant live without LGT , is just too much work and inserters...
thanks in advance !

Factorio 1.1.37 build 58874
LGT 1.1.0
Windows 10

2 years ago

Same for me. The interface is not accessible and no load are happening.

2 years ago

same

2 years ago

Hey guys, did some digging and it appears to be "Combat mechanics overhaul" mod that is causing this problem. Anyway there is a way to get it working even like this, put the interface chest first, after you set it up place turret on it. Still wont be selectable but it will function. Hope I helped.

2 years ago

Also Transport Drones, for some reason. Why that mod is touching gun turrets I have no idea. Same thing though, just place the interface first and you're good.

2 years ago

Hello everyone. I also had this problem both with "Combat Mechanics Overhaul" as "userguide" said, and "Mining Drones" as "Phoenix-D" said in a different mod, but same author (Klonan). Any way we can edit something to avoid this conflict?

1 year, 7 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

WORKAROUND:

(1) Place a Turret Interface chest
(2) Configure logistics requests
(3) Place a turret on top of the Interface

If you ever want to change the requests, I haven't found an ideal solution. The setting to broadcast changes won't work as expected since you can't access the Interface to edit them. You can change the settings with a circuit condition, but you must pre-wire the Interface chests BEFORE you place a turret on top. You can't run circuit wire once the turret is in place. Make sure your blueprints include the circuit wire to a power pole. You'll have to wait for the turrets to chew through the old ammo, but it seems to roll over alright in my brief tests.

It's far from ideal, but it is a functional workaround.

It's either that or deconstruct EVERY turret and start from scratch every time you want to change the ammo loadout.

5 months ago
(updated 5 months ago)

This is an old topic, I know, but I did find a workaround (or possibly two). The one I'm using now, which definitely works if you don't mind a bit of elbow grease, is to open up Logistic-Gun-Turret_1.1.0/prototypes/entity.lua and increase the selection box size. I basically doubled it in size just to see if it was a working option, and it is - I'm sure some time could be spent cutting it down to just the right size, but I haven't done that yet.

The issue seems to be caused by Transport Drones (and possibly others) using a number of layers, and LGT not getting the first unused layer for itself? I don't know Lua well enough to try to fix the layering issue, but changing the selection box size sidesteps it entirely.

Hope that helps anyone else who passes this way!

4 months ago

@Naraden, thank you so much for bothering to write here your solution, my friend!

New response