Logistic Gun Turret

by Robokat

This mod adds a Logistic Interface that attaches to gun turrets, to keep them stocked with ammo. New: - Support for modded turrets and artillery turrets. - Startup setting that allows to automatically broadcast interface request slots changes to other interfaces inside the same logistic network. - New item: Turret Buffer to work as proxy for Turret Interfaces. Can broadcast his setup through logistic network and auto-configure when laid out. - Multiplayer compatible.

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat

b [solved] Interface not accessible when on turrets

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

G'day! Love the mod mechanic - it's all the convenience of Ammo Loader without the cheesiness (and y'know, isn't abandoned and all).

Testing it out on my heftily modded save though - the interfaces work when put on the ground, and they can be placed on turrets just fine, but the logistics settings can't be selected when the interface is attached to a turret. Am I doing it wrong?

Otherwise, not sure what'll be conflicting - the options are pretty vast. Turrets themselves have Base Mod > Krastorio 2 > Walls Block Spitters listed on them.

Other possible candidates could be (assuming some effect on Turrets, GUI or Logistics):
- Klonan's Construction Drones / Mining Drones / Transport Drones
- Loot Chest +
- Krastorio 2
- Long Range Turret

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hello,
Are you playing with factorio 0.18 version of the mod (0.8)? Saying that because 0.17 version of LGT (0.4.1) is not up to date for now.
You can normally select either turret or interface like any other item in game. Interface GUI is never locked nor managed by LGT mod - except trapping event at closing to start setup broadcasting on attached logistic network. Just zoom enough and slightly move mouse over interface and it should select. Be aware that when you place any compatible turret, only a ghost interface is placed near it. You should either place interface manually or have a bot doing that.

One cause could be that interface is installed by LGT at the same place as one other item of another a mod aroud turret, therefore avoiding ability to select it. ATM interface location is automatically defined by LGT and you cant change it. Maybe I should let player set interface where he want close to turret if it could solve that problem.

Interface can normally be attached to any turret as long as prototype "type" match condition: "ammo-turret" or "artillery-turret".

3 years ago

Yeah - 0.18. It's odd - there's no highlight or anything to indicate the interface is a separate entity that can be clicked, nor does changing zoom levels help.

Hovering over roboports shows a little blue highlight over the Interface, presumably where it's meant to be clickable, but it only opens the turret...

I've tried manual and bot placed turrets - same thing.

Interestingly, if I set the Interface on the ground, configure it, then drop a turret on it, the interface still isn't selectable, but it at least funtions as a logistics-fed turret! So y'know, the mod works! =D

3 years ago

ok, could you please give me a "non working" turret name and associated mod - version. I will make some tests.

3 years ago

Base game Gun Turret, mod version 0.80.

I'm going to start tossing mods out until they work. I'll update this thread if I stumble on the winner.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Huh. Boom. Second try. It's Walls Block Spitters. Interface chest on turrets work exactly as you'd expect with it disabled.

3 years ago

Ok, nice. Will take a look at this mod to check if I can implement some workaround.

3 years ago

I found a workaround. This will be available shortly in next release 0.8.1.

3 years ago

0.8.1 online. Please advise if any further issue.

This thread has been locked.