Lighted Electric Poles +

by Optera

Adds a copy of every electric pole, including modded ones, with integrated lamp.

Content
6 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Power

b [fixed] Linked Entites

4 years ago

I don't understand this entirely, so i'm going to rely heavily on what I got as a response when I showed this to the discord channel.

Earlier today I noticed a blinking power light on a concrete path, indicating the path wanted electricity. I took a screenshot and showed it to discord. This was the conversation.

1) Try to deconstruct the area with a deconstruction planner
1a) Didn't work, the planner didn't see any entity there.

2) Try to build something else on the area
2a) Build succeeded, the area is not "occupied", I now have two blinking lighting bolts

3) Put a pole in the area, click on the pole, and see if it's powering anything
3a) DING! It's an invisible lighted substation 3 that's "blinking/needing power"

This lead to the comment

"My guess is another mod makes an entity out of two other entities, one of those being a substation/EEI, and the mod author didn’t link them properly"

Hopefully that makes sense, and leads to a bug fix. Really it's just a cosmetic bug, but I can see how it would become a bigger issue if they piled up.

4 years ago

Constantly monitoring all lamps and posts would be a performance nightmare.
Instead I only monitor changes to my pole entities and handle the lamps accordingly. Checking lamps can be omitted as they should never be touched outside my control script.

That being said I can think of 2 reasons for orphaned hidden lamps.
1) Other mods move delete or place my poles without raising proper events.
2) You had a mod adding a pole which my mod created a lighted variant of, placed the lighted variant then removed the other mod.

If you can reproduce orphaned lamps with some other mod moving placing or otherwise messing with my poles let me know which mod and I'll contact that mods developer.
As for 2) I've changed on_configuration_changed to always rebuild lamps.

4 years ago

Your update today cleared the orphaned invisible lamp from my game. I imagine that was the fix needed. I'l let you know if I ever see one again.

This thread has been locked.