Later AAI Vehicles

Moves AAI vehicles later into the game.

Tweaks
4 years ago

i Turret Creep?

4 years ago

Does this mod re-enable turret creep if the vehicles are being bumped to later in the tech tree? AAI Programmable Vehicles effectively disables it by preventing placing turrets within a certain range of biter nests and worms. (See "construction_denial_range" in AAI Programmable Vehicles' control.lua)

4 years ago

Hey thanks for bringing this up, I hadn't thought about it. After some research it's a bit tricky. Each control.lua is run in it's own lua instance so I cannot directly access or change the "construction_denial_range". I added a remote interface to this mod to change the construction_denial_range dynamically based on evolution factor. However, the remote interface does not yet exist in AAI Programmable Vehicles. I will ask on Earendel's discord if he will add it to his mod.

4 years ago

would you be able to implement this interface in the AAI mod yourself and provid it as a fix or something

4 years ago

you dont need a "turret". when you have a car. with AAI, your car can run and gun just as effectively as you do. at least the early small camps have no chance.

4 years ago

would you be able to implement this interface in the AAI mod yourself and provide it as a fix or something

Unfortunately no, me modifying and then redistributing those mods is not allowed by Earendel's license. (AFAIK)

you dont need a "turret". when you have a car. with AAI, your car can run and gun just as effectively as you do. at least the early small camps have no chance.

So depending on your world settings this isnt an option for some people using this mod. The delayed access to vehicles in the tech tree means you will have to turret creep to clear bases early game.

4 years ago

That sounds like it would be a useful standalone mod?

(https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Xagros_TUONELA_TurretDelay also comes to mind.)

But I guess both can still be abused by using https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PickerDollies, especially in combination with https://mods.factorio.com/mod/vlads_AutoTime , even though it's still far from being as overpowered as vanilla turret drag...)

4 years ago

Hi sisyphus192, I enjoy your mod as I like to use AAI but still limit myself early game. One thing I have realized after playing a long time is the 'anti-turret creep' mechanic becomes more difficult when late game biters expand towards my outpost, I cannot replace walls.

I added a remote interface to this mod to change the construction_denial_range dynamically based on evolution factor. However, the remote interface does not yet exist in AAI Programmable Vehicles. I will ask on Earendel's discord if he will add it to his mod.

I looked at the code in your mod and see how you made this factor change the construction limit. Honestly the 'anti-turret-creep' thing I could do without. Do you think you could make this rely on a user parameter setting? Perhaps even allow it to be set to '0' so that it could be disabled. Thanks for your thoughts on this.

New response