Landfill Everything

This mod adds a button that will put a landfill tile under every entity if you have a blueprint in hand. Very useful for complex reactor setups and blueprinting rail.

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Blueprints

g Missing button

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi, the mod is installed (I can see the Landfill Everything setting under Mod settings in game) and on a fresh save I can see the button.
However when I try it on my current save the button is missing, even with all other mods disabled.

Does anyone else have this issue, or any issue related to the buttons in the top left of the screen?

Thanks!

Edit: I did some investigating and found that the mod isn't even initiating on my save, despite being installed and enabled. I did some reading and can't find any insight as to why a mod would not init on a specific save.

Edit 2: I was able to fix the issue by investigating the code and reading up on how on_init is triggered. The code to add the button is inside the on_init function, this function is only ran when the mod is first added to the save (or a new save). So to force it to trigger I disabled Landfill Everything, loaded my save without it, saved without the mod, re-enabled Landfill Everything and reloaded my save. The button is then added to the UI.

I have no idea how my save got into this state where the button was removed, but my guess is another mod could have overwritten the button flow.
I hope this helps someone who comes across this same issue.

2 years ago

Had same issue, fix here solved it, thanks for sharing!

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Accidental duplicate

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Can this be fixed so I don't have to do all that?

2 years ago

Followed the instructions. Still do not see the button.

New response