LTN Combinator Modernized

Add a combinator with friendly GUI to manage LTN Control Signals for each LTN Train Stop

Content
5 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Trains Circuit network

b [Not a bug] Trains don't get sent

1 year, 5 months ago

I have everything wired up properly (I've been going nuts for the past hour and a half trying to check the stations and make sure they're working.)

The stations with the LTN combinator aren't working properly, if at all. The trains aren't being dispatched, or it's dispatching the wrong train, or even too many trains when the requesting station already has all the resources.

I'm not sure what all you need to look into it, but after changing back to just a normal combinator it works and sends trains, but I have to turn it off and on again for another train to be dispatched. I wasn't having any problems with LTN before installing this mod.

1 year, 5 months ago

If you can provide a save game showing it not working I can take a look for you. I'd venture a guess that it does have something to do with station setup. Needing to turn on and off regular combinatiors shouldn't be necessary either.

1 year, 3 months ago

Hi. I have the same problem, trains go to the same station, restrictions do not apply.

1 year, 3 months ago

Hi. I have the same problem, trains go to the same station, restrictions do not apply.

Same thing.. Probably has to do with how things are wired. If you could provide me a save game, I'd be happy to look at it. LTN handles the train dispatching, not LTN Combinator. This mod only helps set the signals.

1 year, 3 months ago
(updated 1 year, 3 months ago)
1 year, 3 months ago

Happy New Year

1 year, 3 months ago
(updated 1 year, 3 months ago)

https://fex.net/uk/s/dnkyx4s
10 day

Happy New Year to you as well. It took a while to clean up the current state of LTN in order to see how things went down hill. In short, it isn't a combinator issue. This LTN Combinator only gives you a UI for the LTN signals you need to set. If you use a standard Constant Combinator with the same singnals you'll have the same problem.

A primay problem is timing in your sysmtem. It cascades into other issues as more time goes on. Your LTN setting for 'Delivery timeout (sec)' is 1800 (30 Minutes). However, it takes over 17 minutes to load and 17 minutes to unload your train cars with your yellow belts.

Ore stack: 2000
Car slots: 64
Items in car: 128000

Your yellow belt (mini-loader) speed is 20 items / second
Loaders per car: 6

(Un)-load rate: 120 / second

128000 / 120 ~= 1067 seconds (17.79 minutes) time to each load and unload.

You don't even have enough time for a full train to load and unload a delivery before LTN marks it lost and deletes the delivery and dispatches a new train. Add in travel time from depot -> provider, provider -> requester, and requester -> depot, you need even more time. Then add to this stations that you DO allow more than one train. You could have triains waiting up to that multiple of 17.79 minutes before it gets to start unloading.

As this cascades, it results in trains delivering materials to stations that no longer have space for the cargo because the filled up in the waiting time. Then trains show back up at the depot with resdiuals, if they're not all cleaned up residuals then get deposited to the wrong station... it gets messy.

Hope this helps.

1 year, 3 months ago

Thanks for the detailed answer. I think that the problem was also with Angel's trains. After the update the whole problem disappeared.

New response