LTN Combinator Modernized

Add a combinator with friendly GUI to manage LTN Control Signals for each LTN Train Stop

Content
5 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Trains Circuit network

g Keep 50M provide threshold when off?

1 year, 7 months ago

Hello, thanks for the mod work.

Is there any way to be able to safely switch off a requester station? Intuitively, it would be nice to turn off the combinator when we want to temporarily disable a station, and then turn it back on later. But if you do this, the 50M provide threshold goes away and the trains get greedy and try to come get some fluid from the station that can't pump to them.

So it would be nice if the 50M threshold signal could remain, or some other similar solution.

1 year, 7 months ago

I'll have to see if I can figure out a soulution to this kind of ask. It's been asked in a few different way over time.

The Requester / Provider station type is really not an actual state of the station. LTN does not differentiate between stations. If a depot signal is input, they are a depot only - no provide or request. If an item signal is input negative it will advertise a request, if an item signal is positive it will advertise an available supply. So every station can request and supply materials.

As such, the negative number from the combinator and the positive number taken from the storage are summed. The net value is then input into the station. If still negative, more is requested, if positive it is advertised as supply.

This is where the thresholds come into play. Setting the provide and request thresholds suppress advertizing requests and supplies if the absolute value of the net does not meet the threshold.

The idea of haveing a station be only a "Requestor" is implementd by createing a supply threshold so high that it won't advertise a supply. It does not change anything about the stop otherwise.

The Requestor / Provider checkboxes mostly determine which panels in the combinator will be shown. The will trigger the addtion and removal of the high provide threshold as that is the intent when manually toggleing the checkboxes. Otherwise, the checkboxes are populated when the combinator is opened based on the signals the combinator has set.

...Although as I'm typing this all out I have come up with an idea...

By setting a high Request threshold it will effectively stop all requests. So I may migrate the concpet of Requester and Provider stations back to a more genearic but provide a facility to disable and enable requests and provides by way of high thresholds.

Give a few days and I'll see what I can make work.

1 year, 7 months ago

You can set the default threshold for LTN to 1000000000 in the mod settings.

New response