LTN Combinator Modernized

Add a combinator with friendly GUI to manage LTN Control Signals for each LTN Train Stop

Content
5 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Trains Circuit network

g Combinator keeps setting threshold

1 year, 10 months ago

Hi,

If I set the stack threshold to 20 and the normal threshold to 0.. it works for that time until I close or open the combinator.. once I open the combinator.. the threshold value defaults back to 1000.. is this a bug? I can't seem to find a place to set it to 0

1 year, 10 months ago

That is the default from LTN. If there is no signal (zero removes the signal), the default LTN value will be displayed. For items, if there is a stack threshold set, the item threshold is ignored. The item threshold is still used for fluids.

The absence of a signal is how zero is represented, so signals with a value of zero are not saved. The results in the combinator displaying the default from LTN. That is what the stop is using.

https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=214&t=51072

1 year, 8 months ago
(updated 1 year, 8 months ago)

That is the default from LTN.

I've been using this mod god knows how long and this is the first time i've seen this behaviour, did you mean that LTN changed to be this way now? Or did you removed a feature that handled this automatically? You might wanna have a message in the mod itself somewhere explaining this new behaviour so more people don't get confused and are forced to research the issue or make new threads.

1 year, 8 months ago

Oh it's sort of a mixed bag. Yes, the behavior of the Display in LTN Combinator changed, but it is purely a cosmetic change. It was a hold over from the original itteration of the mod.

In the past, when you set a '0' in the combinator, it was actually lying to you. Combinators (anything really) do not emit signals with a value of 0 on to the logistics network. If any signal has a value of '0' it just doesn't exist. So, in the earlier version of the LTN Combinator mod (or on a constant combinator) if you set the Threshold (or any LTN) signal to 0, it would keep it in the combinator, but LTN would never see it. LTN would use whatever default is configured in LTN's Mod Settings. If your LTN Mod settings had the Item Threshold of 1000, and you set it to 0 on the combinator, the LTN station would use 1000 and the combinator would tell you 0.

The recent change I made to LTN combinator was that if you configure a signal with a value of '0', it will remove it. The LTN Combinator will show you the currently configured LTN default if there is no (same as '0') explicit value set.

Further, it should be noted that the way LTN works for items, if there is a non-zero Stack Threshold set, the Item Threshold is ignored no matter what value is set. For fluids, the Item Threshold is always used and the Stack Threshold is always ignored.

New response