LTN Combinator Modernized

Add a combinator with friendly GUI to manage LTN Control Signals for each LTN Train Stop

Content
6 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Trains Circuit network

b [Fixed] Bug? Provider+Requester mode doesn't stick

3 years ago

To see this:

1) Place a new LTN Combinator, and open it.
2) Shift click the "Requester" checkbox to enable both Provider and Requester options
3) Close and reopen the LTN Combinator
4) The Requester box is unchecked again, and the requester options aren't shown again.

3 years ago

Looking into this. In reality, the Provider / Requester nature of an LTN stop is not actually a property that can be set. The original LTN Combinator Mod pretended there was some mutual exclusivity when there wasn't. What's really happening there was the LTN Combinator would display as a Requester if there was a really high provide threshhold set.

My logic displaying Requester / Provider attempted to make less assumptions, but resulted being less informative if your provide / request threshholds were default.

I'll rework this a bit. Probably remove the mutual exclusivity all together and let them act as macros for clearing / setting some default values.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Perhaps just leaving requester and provider always open, but just gray out/disable the fields related to the mode that's not selected? Or store state as an extra (useless) signal or bit of data somewhere?

3 years ago

I fixed the bug part of this issue. The combinator will now more accurately detect that it is setup as a requester. There is still a condition that a combinator intending to set a stop up as a requester/provider will only show up as a provider. If the combinator does not have any requests configured, the requester thresholds and priority are still at default, and the provider checkbox is checked. It will show up as a provider only on subsequent opens. Once you configure a request on the combinator, it will open as a requester/provider.

New response