LTN Combinator for 0.18, 1.0 & 1.1

DO NOT have LTN Combinator installed. Fixed for Factorio version 0.18.27 and above. Adds a new type of Constant Combinators to the game. They come with a custom GUI to ease the control of LTN signals. Original by Dockmeister.

Content
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Circuit network

g 1.1?

3 years ago

Any update for 1.1?

3 years ago

Hello,

I’ll push an update for 1.1 for all my mods today but I’m not sure how long compatibility will take.

~Skye

3 years ago

please, i really need...

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Professor, I manually updated this by updating info.json to 1.1 - I got a crash opening a combinator that is related to textfields no longer accepting numbers as input. Also, LTN manager wasn't happy.

I fixed it by changing line 158 of scripts/ltnc-gui.lua as follows:

Original: window.ltn.entries[name].element.text = value
Fixed: window.ltn.entries[name].element.text = tostring(value)

This seems to have fixed it. LTN Manager is happy again and I can open the combinator gui without a crash. Further testing required to make sure everything is fixed, but for starters, this is what it needs.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Mycroft4114 there are more cases which require tostring!
[OBSOLETE] Patch: https://www.file-upload.net/download-14386594/LTN_Combinator_Fix_0.6.2.zip.html

3 years ago

Please Update to 1.1 ...

3 years ago

@kyxynator pls say what needs changing, I can't click the link(s) as my virus scanner says there are problems. I'm attempting to make a fix.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

@Dune1411: try it here: My Discord > [OBSOLETE] Download

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I mean why not just share the solution, maybe people don't want to download random zip files from random links on the message board...?

Anyway here is what i did to fix the mod, i have not noticed any additional bugs so far.

Change the following lines

In info.json
line 8 : "factorio_version": "1.1",

In scripts/ltnc-gui.lua
line 158 : window.ltn.entries[name].element.text = tostring(value)
line 781 : window.misc.text.text = tostring(value)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

@Qiwgaming as I have already written, there are more places that need to be changed!
I share the solution already, if someone does not like to download a ZIp file, he can wait for the mod update. I will not create an extra mod while the original author is still active.

3 years ago

@ProfessorHicman Don't really want to be a pest... but you mentioned you were posting an update a couple of weeks ago, and there isn't one. I think a few of us have the fixes ready to go, but didn't want to create a new mod since you were still active and getting ready to post an update.

Is that looking soonish?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Did a repost of Dockmeister's original but updated for 1.1 [DEPRECATED]https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LTN_Combinator_redux

3 years ago

I mean why not just share the solution, maybe people don't want to download random zip files from random links on the message board...?

Anyway here is what i did to fix the mod, i have not noticed any additional bugs so far.

Change the following lines

In info.json
line 8 : "factorio_version": "1.1",

In scripts/ltnc-gui.lua
line 158 : window.ltn.entries[name].element.text = tostring(value)
line 781 : window.misc.text.text = tostring(value)

For anyone that wants to make the change rather than switch to a different mod, here are the additional lines that need adjustment (I think I've clicked on everything at this point and it all works)...

Line 307 window.ltn.entries["ltn-provider-threshold"].element.text = tostring(config.ltn_signals["ltn-provider-threshold"].default)
Line 362 element.text = tostring(value)
Line 531 window.ltn.entries["ltn-network-id"].element.text = tostring(encoded_id)
Line 556 window.ltn.entries["ltn-network-id"].element.text = tostring(-1)
Line 564 window.ltn.entries["ltn-network-id"].element.text = tostring(0)

3 years ago

For anyone that wants to make the change rather than switch to a different mod, here are the additional lines that need adjustment (I think I've clicked on everything at this point and it all works)...

Line 307 window.ltn.entries["ltn-provider-threshold"].element.text = tostring(config.ltn_signals["ltn-provider-threshold"].default)
Line 362 element.text = tostring(value)
Line 531 window.ltn.entries["ltn-network-id"].element.text = tostring(encoded_id)
Line 556 window.ltn.entries["ltn-network-id"].element.text = tostring(-1)
Line 564 window.ltn.entries["ltn-network-id"].element.text = tostring(0)

I hear ya. Sometimes doing it yourself if half the fun. There still are additional locations you did not catch. Also, it probably doesn't make as much sense to do a call to "tostring" when you have a literal.

For instance, Line 556 should be: window.ltn.entries["ltn-network-id"].element.text = "-1"

The missing lines that need to be addressed are:
564 is the incorrect line, this change is for line 565

The problem with simply making the changes yourself are playing multiplayer. You'll want a mod available via the mod portal that is easy to sync.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I hear ya. Sometimes doing it yourself if half the fun. There still are additional locations you did not catch.

Thanks. I didn't search the code. I just fixed problems till I stopped having them. Not surprised I missed something. There were functions of the combinator I actually didn't even realize existed till these issues popped up but which I'm really glad I found.

Also, it probably doesn't make as much sense to do a call to "tostring" when you have a literal.

For instance, Line 556 should be: window.ltn.entries["ltn-network-id"].element.text = "-1"

Good point. I don't know about "should be" (they both result in a number stored as a text string instead of a number) but it's certainly simpler and cleaner code, which I'm all for. Just hadn't thought about it being something that could be directly expressed as a such. That also means line 565 should be able to do the same thing actually.

The missing lines that need to be addressed are:
564 is the incorrect line, this change is for line 565 (Yep you're right, I had that written down wrong in my notes.)

Again, thanks. A couple of those were already listed in the post I quoted so I didn't list them again, but I'll go in and make the rest of the changes to my copy so I don't run into any unforeseen issues.

3 years ago

I’ll try and push an update now.

3 years ago

Update pushed. I believe I included all the fixes mentioned, but if I missed something just include it ont his thread.

I aplogise for the delay.

~Skye

New response