LTN Combinator

Adds a new type of Constant Combinators to the game. They come with a custom GUI to ease the control of LTN signals.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Circuit network

b Multiplayer error (concurrency in GUI)

4 years ago

When two players configure two different combinators concurrently, the combinators take the same configurations

4 years ago

Hi,

i am unable to reproduce that, could you check that again?

4 years ago

I know that is difficult reproduce multiplayer bugs, I suffer the same pain too when I have to debug my mods :)
I got this bug yesterday after the latest update. Tell me what I can send u to help if any

4 years ago

The latest (ltn-c) update just involed data-stage changes to style definitions.

Did it happen more than once? Can you try to reproduce it?
Did you click the entity itself or did you use LTN Tracker or /ltncopen to open the ltn-c remotely?

I don't have an idea right now, how that might happen - but all good intentions to write good code are out of the window by now ;-)

4 years ago

We open the interface, both clicking on the ltn combinator, in the helper GUI created by the mod,
when one set a signal, in the other combinator will be the same, in a moment appen too that the combinator become requester and provider at the same time!

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

There is something really weird going on. The LTN-C Gui does not read/refresh any changes made to any combinator by other means (scripts or other mods)

Can you try to rebuild your UI's by executing - should work smoothly, but save the map beforehand!

/c __LTN_Combinator__ ltnc_gui.mod_configuration_changed()
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Can Confirm. Same Behaviour in our Multiplayer game with ~6 Players. Outputs mixing between different LTN-Combinators when configurating simulatenaeously. Players get what other players are inputting into theirs combinators. We are also using LTN-Manager and LTN-Mod.

I'm not sure which further Information to provide.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Sorry for the late answer Dockmeister,
the script code doesn't solve the problem.

3 years ago

Linver, I have re-written the gui portions of this mod and posted it here: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LTN_Combinator_Modernized. Could you tell me if you see the multi-player issues with it?

3 years ago

Next time I will play with my friend I will try, but, are the entity internal name the same? For migrations.

3 years ago

Yes. The internal entities are the same. I believe the only thing that would not cary over is if you assigned icons to Network IDs. I don't know how widely used that feature was, and I did not re-implement it. You should be able to swap the mods in and out with each other and access the same entity --- just without the Network ID icon assignment.

New response