LTN Combinator

Adds a new type of Constant Combinators to the game. They come with a custom GUI to ease the control of LTN signals.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Circuit network

g crash

5 years ago

first, awesome idea, if the dev is not able to make it easier, others do, great idea and work.

Sadly it doesnt seem to work with Squak Through and Nanobots. If i install your mod and start the game the following error occours:

12.947 Mods to disable:Fehler beim Laden der Mods: Error while running setup for entity prototype "roboport-interface-cc" (constant-combinator): Entity must be minable when next_upgrade is set.

Mods, die deaktiviert werden müssen:
• Nanobots
• Squeak Through

5 years ago

Hi,

the problem is actually in Nanobots and Squeak Through. The next_upgrade feature is new in 0.17, that's what using. Those mods did not account for my mod using the feature.

Meanwhile, you can disable the upgrade feature (Constant Combi -> LTN Combinator) by editing line 47 & 48 in prototypes/ltnc-prototype.lua: (adding two dashes in front)

-- data.raw["constant-combinator"]["constant-combinator"].next_upgrade = "ltn-combinator"
-- data.raw["constant-combinator"]["constant-combinator"].fast_replaceable_group = "constant-combinator"

I will see what i can do

5 years ago

I don't think you need the first but the second comes in handy and doesn't cause the problem.

Do you know what effect next_upgrade has? What changes when you set it as opposed to not set it?

5 years ago

To properly use the builtin upgrade system you need to define both. A group and the next upgrade.

The problem: I modify the vanilla combinator and most mods use deepcopy() to make their own version of an prototype. They also copy my changes and don't reset them.
This usually applies to mods that were available in Factorio v16 when next_upgrade wasn't available.

I will move changes to the vanilla constant combinator to data-final-fixes in the next update. That should get around older mods which don't reset next_upgrade when copying a constant combinator.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Ok, i saw there was a update, but it still crashes? (same 2 mods)

Now with something like "roboport interface cc" entity must be mineable when next upgrade is set.

Its beyong me why your mod messes with others :>

"Isnt it just adding one item?"

5 years ago

I also posted on their mod discussion

5 years ago

My update will hit the Mod Portal in a couple of hours.

And i am technically not messing with other mods. I am using new features of 0.17, explained in the posts above

New response