Long Range Turret

by Yehn

Provides research to unlock a mid tier turret between basic gun turrets and lasers: Longer range and greater durability, but at the cost of much slower traverse speed and fire rate.

Content
3 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Combat

g New Feature Request: sniper turret

5 years ago

Hey Yehn,

ALWAYS play with this mod... makes the buklet tier that much less boring and the turret is legit!

Is it possible to add another tier that basically does the same thing but for the LR turret?

This turret would have 41% increased range, more damage, but would be significantly slower and wouldn't target anything that eas closer than 35%-50% of max range.

Also would be awesome if you could add the same thongs for the laser tier. Or maybe make an entire new tier for a railgun.

Is it possible to convert the turrets into logistics assets so that the guns could be auto loaded from a Roboport?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hello,

Glad you're enjoying it.

• A sniper turret is possible, it's just a matter of playing with the stats.
  • Minimum range... had to do some research on this one - only artillery turrets use it but it turns out it's possible for all turrets. Now that I know this, I may even add a small minimum range to this mod's turret just as a balancing factor.
  • Logistics: Very possible, it's easy to attach a logistics requester to the turret. I haven't done this for balance reasons: this turret's power is a reward for managing ammo, especially once lasers are a viable alternative.
  • Lasers, railguns, etc: Possible again. The obstacle is art assets - I'm not much of an artist - this mod just uses Factorio turret art with some coloring added.

LR Turret is intentionally a simple mod, to address what I saw as a vacuum in the vanilla technologies for a midgame ammo-based turret and a (more) viable competitor to lasers. So these sorts of requests would probably end up a new mod, rather than part of this one. Mostly, anyways: the logistics variant could be an option in the mod's settings, probably.

New response