Kuxynator's Running Mod

Walk with smooth acceleration or cheat something: sprint in turbo mode, be faster if you zoom out, or ignore all obstacles in hover mode

8 months ago
1.0 - 1.1

g Looks like an integration of my run speed toggle mod, and progressive running

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

This looks like an integration of my mod with the progressive running mod, plus some extras.

I don't really like being on the hook to maintain things, and so if this mod works well and you have a plan for making sure it sticks around and gets updated even if you're absent, I'll deprecate my mod and tell people to use yours.

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

yes it is

Credits
Inspired by two fabulous mods
- RunSpeedToggle by Omnifarious
- progressive Running (smooth acceleration) by binbinhfr

my mod is a work in progress. the attempt to combine 2 mods and add everything that I missing. at present something slow and need too much UPS. and it is a learn project, learning Lua and Factorio API. so you mod has the advantage to be lightweight :-) and at present I would your mod not deprecate jet

11 months ago

Alright. I'll wait and watch. :-)

11 months ago

Also, I wanted to say, I wouldn't be upset if it weren't there, but I do appreciate the shout-out in your description.

And, it would be really nice if you used version control of some kind. I really want to fix your changelog so it can be viewed in-game as well as on the mod portal.

11 months ago

whats the problem with the changelog? I use the standard format described by Pi-C.
Generally I use GitHub, but as long I'm learning Lua and develop a good coding style there are many changes in format, which are not feature related. so the diff is mostly confusing ;-) so i have only local version control at present.

11 months ago

I haven't looked. All I know is that I can't view it in the game gui when I download a new version. Maybe there's nothing wrong with it and there's something else going on. I'll look into it more deeply.

11 months ago

I bisected the Changelog file. It isn't working in game because you have two entries for version 1.2.3 in it.

11 months ago

Ohhhh, I'm blind. I've read about it umpteen times. Sometime it takes more than two eyes. Thanks a lot :-) I will fix it immediately.

11 months ago

:-) Happy to help. Thank you.

4 months ago

To add to this, I marked the original progressive running deprecated and linked both its continuation and this mod.

New response