Kuxynator's Running Mod

OBSOLETE Use ZoomRunning Walk with smooth acceleration or cheat something: sprint in turbo mode, be faster if you zoom out, or ignore all obstacles in hover mode

Utilities
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1

g Looks like an integration of my run speed toggle mod, and progressive running

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

This looks like an integration of my mod with the progressive running mod, plus some extras.

I don't really like being on the hook to maintain things, and so if this mod works well and you have a plan for making sure it sticks around and gets updated even if you're absent, I'll deprecate my mod and tell people to use yours.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

yes it is

Credits
Inspired by two fabulous mods
- RunSpeedToggle by Omnifarious
- progressive Running (smooth acceleration) by binbinhfr

my mod is a work in progress. the attempt to combine 2 mods and add everything that I missing. at present something slow and need too much UPS. and it is a learn project, learning Lua and Factorio API. so you mod has the advantage to be lightweight :-) and at present I would your mod not deprecate jet

3 years ago

Alright. I'll wait and watch. :-)

3 years ago

Also, I wanted to say, I wouldn't be upset if it weren't there, but I do appreciate the shout-out in your description.

And, it would be really nice if you used version control of some kind. I really want to fix your changelog so it can be viewed in-game as well as on the mod portal.

3 years ago

whats the problem with the changelog? I use the standard format described by Pi-C.
Generally I use GitHub, but as long I'm learning Lua and develop a good coding style there are many changes in format, which are not feature related. so the diff is mostly confusing ;-) so i have only local version control at present.

3 years ago

I haven't looked. All I know is that I can't view it in the game gui when I download a new version. Maybe there's nothing wrong with it and there's something else going on. I'll look into it more deeply.

3 years ago

I bisected the Changelog file. It isn't working in game because you have two entries for version 1.2.3 in it.

3 years ago

Ohhhh, I'm blind. I've read about it umpteen times. Sometime it takes more than two eyes. Thanks a lot :-) I will fix it immediately.

3 years ago

:-) Happy to help. Thank you.

2 years ago

To add to this, I marked the original progressive running deprecated and linked both its continuation and this mod.

New response