Kagebunshin_mode

by fumoli

A mod that allows you to create clones that will run and scout the map.. Also, just for fun, you can add a trail of different parkicles behind the character model.

Tweaks
6 months ago
Environment Cheats

i interesting but different than expected

10 months ago

So the mod looks interesting at first. However, it seems as if you didn't make any effort. The armor is obviously from the wiki's mod tutorial. I would have expected these clones to randomly run to some undiscovered areas, but that doesn't seem to be the case. So I will probably take this mod out again, because unfortunately it does not offer me what I had hoped for. But don't worry, I'll see it as soon as the mod is updated. (I check several times a day which mods have been updated or which mods are new.)

10 months ago

So the mod looks interesting at first. However, it seems as if you didn't make any effort. The armor is obviously from the wiki's mod tutorial. I would have expected these clones to randomly run to some undiscovered areas, but that doesn't seem to be the case. So I will probably take this mod out again, because unfortunately it does not offer me what I had hoped for. But don't worry, I'll see it as soon as the mod is updated. (I check several times a day which mods have been updated or which mods are new.)

Thanks for your feedback! This is our first mod created as a joke, so yes :) I completely forgot about the armor. I just originally copied the file structure from the wiki and forgot to clean it from unused elements. It wasn't planned at all.

We plan to change the behavior of clones in the next updates, so far we are only trying to implement some basic mechanics, and get rid of errors that arise due to the inexperience and obfuscation of the Factorio API.

Also I was very surprised that you didn't mention a way to create clones. Initially, we planned to make something like an autoguided player who just walks around and explores the map, but then, due to one funny bug that constantly spawned clones of the main character, we decided to use clones and completely move away from the original concept. Perhaps in a couple of updates we will allow players to call clones by pressing a button on the screen. Also, as an idea for future updates, mb we add something like chakra, the value of which will determine the number of clones that you can create at a time.

We'd love to get more feedback as the mod continues to be updated. Thanks again!

New response