by Klonan

Base game Combat improvement mod

Content
4 years ago
Combat

i Questions on Projectiles

4 years ago

It is nice to see this mod.
The instant & always-hit of bullets always bug me, which takes away the "excitement" of firearms.
There are some similar mods, but none achieve as good as yours!

Seeing bullets being turned into projectiles, I want to ask some questions about them:
1. Is it possible to make bullet projectiles be interacted, like... deflected? The idea comes from the bullet deflecting device worn by Fortune in Metal Gear Solid 2. A defending player wearing such electromagnetic device (as shield equipment or whatever) will deflect bullet projectiles, so could make fun to PvP games.
2. Is it possible to make projectiles be intercepted/destroyed? Not used as bullet projectile, but for rocket/missile projectile. It would be nice if some point defense gun (such as personal laser defence) will auto-fire on the incoming enemy rocket/missile. Since current atomic bomb can no way be "intercepted", but will always reach target once being fired. If projectiles can be intercepted, PvP combat can still be played under the threat of atomic bombs.

I know these questions (and applications) may not be directly related to your mod, but I guess you have the best chance of knowing the answers, or even suggest to get them implemented.

4 years ago

Both of these are only possible right now through extensive scripting, essentially checking with script every tick for a projectile in proximity, not very efficient at all

4 years ago

Thanks for your answer.
I am not a fan of extensive scripting or on_tick event neither. So I give up for now.
Wish that in future versions, projectiles will have health and are targetable.

New response