K1 Advanced storage

Warehousing from Krastorio Legacy. Advanced storage for your items.

Content
2 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Storage

g This mod and Space Exploration

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hi there,
the warehouses and chests cant be placed in space on scaffolding and the higher grade white plated scaffolding. That is very sad.
Can you maybe fix that, so that your mod works fully wit SE?

3 years ago

Hi! Not planned. I do not use this mod for the game and have not much time to understand what the problem with it.

3 years ago

data.raw[type][name].se_allow_in_space = true
All you need to do, before SE's data-final-fixes

3 years ago

Could you give some more specifics on where exactly one can find the entities allowed in space? Also, how do I find the raw data to place in the [type] and [name] slots? I'm a bit new at this, and could use some more specific instructions, please. Thanks in advance! :D

3 years ago

use the prototype browser (control shift f while mousing over the target entity, or control shift e and use the searchbox to find it)

3 years ago

Excellent, that was a huge help! Now, I looked in the "data-final-fixes" file in the space exploration mod folder, but couldn't find anything matching the format for allowing entities in space. Are you referring to another file that references it, and saying to place the modified line just before that file is referenced? Which file exactly are you referring to when you say "before SE's data-final-fixes"? I know it may seem obvious to a seasoned modder, and I'll probably feel very silly when I finally figure it out, so please be patient as I ask questions.

Thanks again for your help!

3 years ago

You need to do it in any mod, during data.lua, or data-updates.lua.
SE goes over all entities and applies collision corrections during it's data-final-fixes phase, so if you write that code at the same phase, there's a chance that SE will execute final fixes before your mod does, which would cause it to not apply the correct collision settings.

3 years ago

Ok, that makes sense. I'll try it and keep you posted. Thanks for all the help!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Is it working now?
Perhaps if you share the necessary sub-files, the author would include them in a new update?

3 years ago

sorry, but no, I wasn't able to figure it out. :( the fact that I have zero experience in coding doesn't help. My next step was going to be going to the SE discord and ask them about whitelisting.

2 years ago

Probably this is not very relevant now, but I have prepared a patched version of this mod to use with Space Exploration.

Basically, it is necessary to open zip file for this mod (Juicy_mods_1.20.3.zip) and replace the contents of K1_Advanced_storage_1.20.3/prototypes/entities.lua with the contents from https://paste2.org/PJ6sdDdb

(if link doesn't work, edit the file yourself, by replacing "close_sound" with "se_allow_in_space = true, close_sound")

2 years ago

Probably this is not very relevant now, but I have prepared a patched version of this mod to use with Space Exploration.

Basically, it is necessary to open zip file for this mod (Juicy_mods_1.20.3.zip) and replace the contents of K1_Advanced_storage_1.20.3/prototypes/entities.lua with the contents from https://paste2.org/PJ6sdDdb

(if link doesn't work, edit the file yourself, by replacing "close_sound" with "se_allow_in_space = true, close_sound")

Done.

1 year, 11 months ago

Thanks!

1 year, 11 months ago

Wonderful! I will begin using your patch posthaste! Thank you!

New response