JKIL's KnightRider music while driving

Plays the Knight rider TV show (tm CBS/Stu phillips) opening theme when the player drives the car, Compatible with other car mods - now with K.I.T.T. greetings when you enter the car !

Utilities
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

i Support for Various Mod.

4 years ago

This is too good to be true ! I love it !

Can you make the same thing happened with Helicopter Mod ?
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Helicopters

I want it to play either Airwolf Theme, or Paint It Black by Rolling Stone.
To avoid copyright infringement, just give us instruction how to add our own music in the description.

Furthermore, helicopter mod can be remotely called to player position, so can you make it that even if player not inside the vehicle, it can stiill play the custom song?

Also, another thing; this applies for this current mod: It seems the Factorio native volume kick in depends on the distance of the camera to player, and there's a AutoDrive mod that can call the car remotely.

In either case, i want to hear the music disregarding the distance.
Some player may not like it, so i suggest it would be an optional settings (Global music/ Local).

Please make it so.. it would be awesome to hear KITT and Airwolf/Paint It Black coming to my aid when i remotely call them.
Reinforcement is coming sir !

Lastly, instead of detecting player, make an option to play if a mod in the equipment slot were detected.
For Instance, if FARL module (Fully Automated Rail Mod) were detected, and that train is moving my way, it will play a custom song.
MacGyver theme is gonna be awesome!

This would be too much to take, so instead of giving support in the setting (checkbox), this feature must be input manually using the id?
In the setting would be a custom input box, where a player that want to enabled additional feature for other mod must putting an id them self.

Example :
Helicopters_0.3.14;custom1.ogg[SPACE]FARL_3.1.12;custom2.ogg

Or perhaps you have better idea..

Please, especially for the helicopter mod. ๐Ÿ˜

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Where to begin...

First, thank you - I'm glad you like it. I loved those 80's shows and when I came across that other mod my first thought was Knight rider.

I Louie the idea for giving the helicopter mod that same treatment and will look into it shortly. I don't have much free time between work and family and what little I do have I wasn't to play the game, modding/ programming takes a lot for time for me.

But if the public wants - the public gets ! -

1. I'd love to make a mod that gives us Airwolf music when the copper flies ! (Paint it black is cool too - didn't know that's it's name :-) )
  2. Regarding the music playing same volume regardless of distance - I don't know if that's possible to override, I will check on that
  3. Having the player choose they're own music is in the plans for this mod, so shouldn't be a problem for helicopter mod as well,
  4. Playing the music when the player is not in the vehicle -I would need access to the mod's code to have the music play when it is come to the player, and I suppose you'd like to choose a different tune for that as well ;-)
  5. I don't detect the player - I added the music to the entity of the car which means, when ever it is driven not when a player enters it, out happens to be that way because, I guess, that sound plays after they igniton sound and that one plays when a player enters the car ( I think that's the order )

I guess I can make those additions to the existing mod but that would mean re-branding it. I'm thinking better to make an extension mod for other mods - update to come, but you need to be patient, like I said - I don't have all the time and still want to play

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Yeah it would mean rebranding the mod, become "Custom Music on Vehicle" or something.

Be warned though, it might become super popular mod (...or not) and it will overwhelm you because various request.
Because user would assume you will cover any custom vehicle, and god now how many are them (well...not that many,..but still)

Regarding music global override, how about make use the way the game treat Speaker Global Alert?
Surely this one of the tricky thing, since there will be two ways of how the mod will play the sound.
If a player enabled the global option, it will use the Speaker Alert code.
But if the player didn't enabled the option it only use what the current implementation you running with.

Oh man, that would be too awesome if it can distinguish between remote calling and player in the vehicle.
So when it's coming it plays Airwolf, but when i get on board it changed to Paint It Black.

Regarding Paint It Black, i know it because it's being used as opening theme in 80's show
Tour Of Duty : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdsUfcf6HoI
That's how i know Paint It Black. I didn't know at that time it was Rolling Stone song, i barely even remember what the show is about, still toddler at that time๐Ÿ‘ถ.

Oh, just work on it whenever you had time. Don't feel rush about it. It's just an idea after all. ๐Ÿ‘
I'm already grateful you even considering this.

New response