Inserter Configuration

More control over inserters. Adjust pickup and drop locations using a gui and various hotkeys. Adds 90 degree inserters.

Content
2 years ago
Logistics

i Unusable with Renai mod installed (very long inserters)

2 years ago

It is unusable with Renai Transportation mod installed (see https://mods.factorio.com/mod/RenaiTransportation) - it lags
on an inserter GUI opened, and it shows a LARGE square of buttons for ANY inserter. Also, the screen cannot show all buttons and we do not have scrollbars here to operate.

I think it should be fixed with following steps:
- 1) check an inserter's drop distance to the generate square of buttons
- 2a) (better solution) show small buttons (a square of buttons) if we have very long inserters (more than 3-5 tiles distance)
- 2b) OR at least provide scrollbars
- 3) do something with a lag for very long inserters, or just hide your inserter GUI under "open GUI" button - the same logic like in "even-distribution" mod (open player's inventory and check the button at right side) : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/even-distribution

2 years ago

PS. I like this mod :)

2 years ago

The mod uses a single GUI window that is created once on initialisation, in this step the number of squares
that is generated is based on the longest inserter that can be found in the entity prototypes of the game.
When opening an inserter, this window is just being updated.

Creating this window dynamically would require me to do a lot of code changes and testing, time im not willing to spend right now.
Im sorry to disappoint you, this mod was never intended to work with inserters with >3 tiles range and im not going to add support
for hacky meme mods like Renai Transportation.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

do you have GitHub with this mod sources?
maybe later I could add a patch...

2 years ago

do you have GitHub with this mod sources?
maybe later I could add a patch...

My mods aren't on github, but you can grab the source from the mod zipfile.
The mod is licensed under "The Unlicense" and allows you to edit/redistribute the mod as you please.

For example snouz continued development of my Better_Modbuttons Mod,
which can be found here GUI_Unifyer

1 year, 8 days ago
(updated 1 year, 8 days ago)

Control.lua
Line 212 - local range = inserter_utils.get_max_range(prototype)
Becomes - local range = 2

Line 480 - local max_range = inserter_utils.get_max_range(inserter)
Becomes - local max_range = 2

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that stopped it from lagging the game when opening an inserter with Renai Transportation installed

1 year, 8 days ago

unsub. Switched to my own mod.

New response