Ingredient_Scrap

by yokmp

Adds scrap results and amounts depending on the recipes ingredient types.

Content
2 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i Scale scrap amounts by input amounts

2 years ago

Currently it seems that each recipe outputs a single scrap at 24% chance for each applicable type of item it uses as input. This leads to some silliness like a nuclear reactor producing the same amount of copper scrap as a copper cable, even though it consumes 500 times as many copper plates. Wouldn't it be better to scale by input amounts too? If linear scaling seems excessive, perhaps as square root or something like that?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Ingredient_Scrap/discussion/625465a5bdf97cb5db0bdb1f

Note: when calculating the scrap amount by the ingredient amount you at least cut the cost by your probability setting. This effect multiplies when the recipe uses results which use other intermediates etc...
So you may want to lower the probability.

2 years ago

Thanks! It's a step in the right direction, but having a fixed chance of giving a uniformly chosen amount between 1-500 copper plates also seems a bit unrealistic. I've devised a solution which tries to simulate the scrap chance per item. I'll create a pull request on github shortly.

2 years ago

It was easier to explain to people how scrap amounts are calculated wit the 'old' method.
Now with the new one i think just saying that you'll always get x amounts where x ist the probability taken as fixed amount percentage of max

1-500 24% would then be 120 always

At least is seems like a good solution. ^^

2 years ago

Yeah, that would work as well. But please at least consider my PR. I think it livens things up a bit when there's some variation to the scrap amounts. You could add an option for it if you think it may confuse some people.

2 years ago

New version, new checkboxes.

New response