Increased Water Heat Capacity

by emre

Increases heat capacity of water (80x) and reduces water consumption of steam engines. Attempts to work with modded steam engines as well (e.g. Reactors). Useful in cases where engines consume extreme amounts of water and you run into throughput problems.

Content
7 years ago
Power

g balancing

7 years ago

I generally like the idea, because in vanilla, (or, especially, bobs) supplying enough water for your power plants was an unreasonable challenge.

However, was it necessary to increase efficiency 80x? It makes for some weird and inconvenient gameplay with water taking forever to heat up. Wouldn't have 5x as efficient been sufficient?

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

I tried to aim for "realism" by computing the amount of heat capacity that water in a single piece of pipe would contain, in the same fashion done by Corrected Water mod.

But you do have a point regarding inconvenient gameplay.

If I remember correctly, 0.15 will have mod options setting. I will add the support for being able to adjust it in game (with a lower default value) - although I suspect that this might become obsolete due to the boiler changes and the new nuclear power and so on.

In the meantime, you can edit the files yourself. Should be simple enough, since it is a single file with bunch of multiplications.

7 years ago

Upon testing 0.15, I'd say that this mod is obsolete now as boilers have a separate steam output and water heat capacity is 2x the original amount.

I will still update it soon in case anybody needs it.

New response