Incendiary Munitions

by daydev

Adds incendiary rounds and shotgun shells, napalm grenades (Molotovs) and mines (fire traps), incendiary effects to existing explosive rockets and tank shells

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Combat

g Can bullets/shotgun not light ground on fire?

4 years ago

Hi, I was wondering if it'd be possible to make it so that the bullet/shotgun shell ammo can still do their fire/DoT damage to a target without actually setting the ground on fire? Aside from I'm not sure real incendiary rounds would do that (I may be wrong; haven't really looked into it), it does make it difficult to use the incendiary rounds and be running around, etc and your paths quickly start getting cut off. Also, it'd allow me to still use this ammo in turrets that are near RR tracks heading out of my base/outpost without fear of burning my tracks or any trains that run through.

4 years ago

This mod was made hot on the heels of when the fire was introduced in 0.13, so setting fires everywhere was the point: to have fun with the new shiny feature. In practical terms I don't see the mod as all that useful. I don't want to gut it of what I'd consider the main feature. But I'll consider making a boring, but practical "lite" version of the mod with just fire damage without fire entities.

4 years ago

I understand. I'm just hoping for it to be removed on the bullets and shotgun shells. The rest of the fire effects you added are fine for the explosive cannon shells, etc. Primarily for me, it's a bother to have to restrict incendiary rounds from my turrets that are near RR tracks or dodge the fires I'm starting while fighting biters in addition to their acid spit. (Plus it is a little cheap to exploit them running in a line through the fire. ;P )

Thanks for the consideration, though.

4 years ago

Okay, so on further consideration I added a setting where you can turn off bullets and shells setting fires. I hope that helps.

4 years ago

Hey, that’s awesome! Thank you!

New response