Improved Combinator

The mod provides a custom entity which allows the user to create any number of decider & arithmetic combinators in a single entity. Improved Combinator also provides timer utilities that allow for timers to be setup which can call specific combinators at a specified time.

Content
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Circuit network

i Rotation

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

First, thank you for the mod. It's a great idea.
Then, I wanted to ask for entity rotation support. It's not that this feature is absolutely needed. It's just that rotating something is what you are used to in Factorio. When you can't rotate something, one's brain goes like "errr... what, why?"

3 years ago

Hi Dragonling, thank you for your suggestion.
If I ever improve my image editing skills, I might try and add some rotational sprites.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

+1 to this, And an indicator of input - output would also help
A sprite is a still image, you can convert it to whatever format you like, open it with paint, rotate it and paste it. You also can use the sprite of the constant combinator and replace the images. Actually you could use the decider combinator as template, it shows (when you press Alt) the input and output unlike constant combinator, the size is the same and the sprite has the rotations.

3 years ago

Hi,

I've noticed the lack of rotation too, but I'm no artist either. Maybe someone could help on the discord server if you can't do it ?

3 years ago

The art it's not the main issue. The two ghost entities located on top of the main entity are main issue. They separate entities and will not rotate by themselves.

It may be possible to use events to link the rotation of the two ghost entities with the main entity, but I've had the time to try it out yet.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

The art it's not the main issue. The two ghost entities located on top of the main entity are main issue. They are separate entities and will not rotate by themselves.

It may be possible to use events to link the rotation of the two ghost entities with the main entity, but I've had the time to try it out yet.

3 years ago

+1 from me also, the impossibility of rotation is very annoying when placing blueprints.

New response