Industrial Cargo Ships

Compatibility Patch for Industrial Revolution 3 and Cargo ships. Aims to update the recipes to better match the IR3 vibe and allow using IR3 fuel sources in the Cargo Ships.

Tweaks
9 months ago
Transportation

g [Fixed] mixed-metal ships

1 year, 11 days ago
(updated 1 year, 8 days ago)

could you replace the need for iron gears with steel gears so cargo ships, lifting bridges, and oil tankers so they can be made all in the steel-tier section of the factory in stead of having to belt just iron gears all the way to the steel section of the factory?
also, ports need bouys, but bouys are later on the tech tree, so the recipe isnt useful until you unlock bouys, not a gamebreaking issue but it is a little wonky

1 year, 8 days ago
(updated 1 year, 8 days ago)

Ok, I will take a look at this.

I think that having iron gears was intended to match the original cargo ship recipe, but after some thinking and playtesting and based on how real life ships work, I think locking automated ship transport behind the steel tech makes sense while having the free ship being iron only makes sense. I think I will change it to steel gears in the next update. In that case, ports should also use steel beams.

I think using buoys in the port is a bit wonky. Train stations in IR3 require the train signal, so I made ports require buoys to match that symmetry. I might move ports to be in the same research as buoys in that case in the next update.

Thanks for the report.

New response