Howitzer Cannon

by Volvary

Medium-range base defense, available as an in-between until you unlock artillery. Please alert me of any issue! (@Volvary on the Factorio discord)

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat

g Nice, but for the walls!

2 years ago

I'm really liking these miked into my modular-wall system. They do a good job of softening up incoming biter swarms (which is a totally different use case from artillery).

But... those weak little stone walls! Bang, and about 20 walls are gone! Perhaps this mod should make walls tougher (more explosive resistant) too?

2 years ago

That's what happens when you defend your base with short range artilleries. But the turrets have a minimum range for a reason. ;)

In more serious note, that is an element I hadn't considered too much that I could address. I'll probably add a research that adds blast protection to the walls.

2 years ago

Depending on how cheaty a solution one wants - I now use no wall repair because I got fed up with bots flying into a meat-grinder (also not realistic anyway). So just making walls more resistant to explosive damage seems quite okay to me (seems more realistic anyway).

New response