Hovercraft

Speed across land and water in your own personal hovercraft, but watch out for trees! Now with Missiles!

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.17
Transportation

i Compatibility with other water-based mods

5 years ago

Loving this mod so far, thanks for the hard work!

I'm having some compatibility issues with other mods and I'm torn, so I thought I would at least put the request out :)

Cargo ships and ships extended have issues (appears to be related to the water effects and/or swimming code but haven't resolved the issue without crashes yet). Ships Extended can't place ships down at all and Cargo Ships won't load from an oil rig but otherwise appears to work fine.

5 years ago

Can you explain a bit more on the Cargo Ships problem? I'm using that mod as well, hadn't noticed

5 years ago

Sorry for the slow reply!

Cargo ships won't load from an Offshore rig. They appear to function normally (as in following orders to 'stations', etc.) but the oil won't pump from the rig into the ship. As soon as I disable Hovercraft they load again and stop if I reenable. If you are using it without problems then it might be another mod interacting with both... all I did to test it was disable hovercraft and the cargo ships worked again. The inserter-based ships (i.e. the Cargo Ship as opposed to the Tank Ship) seem to be working fine no matter what, it was just the Tanker that was having the problem and only on loading from rigs (unloading is fine).

I did manage to get everything working together but I needed to remove a whole lot of swimming code and related animations (which also means no cool wake behind the hovercraft).

While I'm here, can confirm Ships Extended was not related, that seems to be another conflict altogether, sorry about that! I'll test some more to see if something else is messing with all 3 of these mods... I assumed not because nothing else modifies water (or at least, nothing is supposed to).

5 years ago

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to recreate the issue--see here: https://imgur.com/gallery/Mmzu637

There must be a third mod at play. If you figure out what it is, let me know, I may be able to account for it from my side.

New response