Hive Mind

by Klonan

Take control of the biters and lead them to victory against the invading engineers.

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Enemies

i Progressive Balance is most likely needed

5 years ago

The addition of creep to the mod helped alot with balance although there is still one big issue. The population limit needs to be high to facilitate expansion but a problem arises because the hive player can zerg rush the enemy base after a hour or two with 1000 aliens and no amount of gun turrets can save you from this. Perhaps to mitigate this the population limit can be a function of the evolution percentage*max pop. with a minimum value for the max pop of lets say 20 or so aliens. This would give the player a chance to have defenses that could deal with the zerg given that evolution rate generally scales with the players progression. Its not a perfect idea and may be flawed fundamentally but I thought I'd give my suggestion as this is a awesome mod and I think it has countless hours of playtime potential. But to have 500+ medium biters attack your base when you don't have flamethrower turrets yet is a bit impossible. I hope you consider my recommendation.
Sincerely, TobuBiguru

5 years ago

Thanks, I am thinking of balancing going forward,

For the next release I am adding technologies to gate the more powerful biters and worms.

New response