HeavyTank 2° Gen

Not just a tank, its a War-machine !!! 4 tiers of tanks and a lot of different stuff, like acid, fire, storm, piercing, cluster and nuclear heavy shells, rockets and bullets, and a lot of equipments to choose. >>>>READ THE CHANGELOG<<<<<

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Combat

i shieldless version

5 years ago

Hi there

first off, thanks for making such a great mod. I have been using it for about two months now, without any issues.
I really like the new design, except I just can't get over the shield/shovel that was added in the new design. it looks out of place on a tank, especially since it is just being held on by 3 steel beams.
Would it be possible for you to make a version with the shield being left off?
I have no clue how factorio mods are made, so i have no clue how much effort rendering the images again would be, i just hope it can be done.

I'm looking forward to your response,
-Michael

5 years ago

The "cow catcher" was used on old trains to deflect anything on the rails, since this tank is made to never stop, while running over trees, rocks, biters or nests. In my angle of view, makes sense.
"just 3 steel beams" - yes, 3 solid steel beams bigger than a person head. A quick calc tells that each one of then would handle more than 50 tons of compression without bend.
Also, vanilla tank have a "cow catcher" as well.
If rendering the sprites wasnt so painful, i would make a version without the "cow catcher". Solidworks isnt made for this.
Thanks for the feedback, i will keep this in mind next time.

5 years ago

Sorry if i seemed rude, I just want to run biters over, rather than push them out of the way.
Anyways, i have finished removing all the cowcatchers in photoshop. if anyone else would like to have a copy aswell, you can get it here: https://mega.nz/#!eIAU1Iia!y8gHhjPt-AFXU3SyUgVG2RwKNCVvZsb6pZn0nNq-tfg.
it works fine, so i would consider this problem to be solved.

-Michael

5 years ago

ahahahhahahahahahahah
You wasn't rude, i am Sorry for seemed cold in my response, that was not my intention.
Also, i not tested your sprites yet, but it seems good, if you do for all tanks, i can try to make a setting option.

New response