Ghost On Water

This mod adds the ability to place ghosts (blueprints) on water or in space (space exploration). Ghost Landfill/Space Scaffolding is automatically added once a blueprint has been placed on water. Usage: press control + w while holding a blueprint to make it placeable on water, then simply place it on water.

Tweaks
7 months ago
Blueprints

b Think the mod is causing stuttering

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

Hi,

First: Amazing mod. Even though the problem I encountered (which might be something different on my side) I'm still considering using it just because the QOL it provides!

That being said I installed the mod today and instantly noticed I started getting some stuttering. Every second I get a little stutter.

Now, I'm not 100% (since I'm not a developer, create mods or know super much about performance) but I looked into time usage and noticed Ghost on Water was taking up quite a bit of "Script update" and that it fluctuates every second (in perfect sync with the stuttering I'm getting).

Here's a screenshot after I just placed down some blueprints:
https://imgur.com/a/asnvafi

You can see "mod-GhostOnWater" is at 0.579, and it fluctuated between that and like 0,343. Every second, up and down. You can also see that the mod makes up a large majority of my overall script update time.
Or might it be the "24.735" number on the right? I'm not sure what either of them means tbh, I just noticed they are both way higher than all other.

As the blueprints finished the number starts dropping, and so does the stuttering. Once the building is over, the script usage goes way down (like 0,02) and everything is fine.

This is in no way a complaint, and as I said it might be something else on my side, but thought I'd report in :)

Thanks for a great mod!

1 year, 2 months ago

You can fix the stutttering by going inthe mthe mod settings and lowering the WaterGhostMaxWaterGhostsPerUpdate value set to 300 by default, this will increase delay between placing a water ghost on water and it placing ghost landfill or between landfill being build and the ghosts converting back to normal. I've pretty much set the default to be as high as possible without causing noticeable lag spikes on my machine (there are technically lag spikes even for me that are just to small to notice) so it's not to surprising that there noticeable. Just lower the setting until you can no longer notice any stuttering.

1 year, 2 months ago

Thanks, will try!

New response