Ghost On Water

This mod adds the ability to place ghosts (blueprints) on water or in space (space exploration). Ghost Landfill/Space Scaffolding is automatically added once a blueprint has been placed on water. Usage: press control + w while holding a blueprint to make it placeable on water, then simply place it on water.

Tweaks
7 months ago
Blueprints

b Not Multiplayer safe.

1 year, 6 months ago

When trying to join my a multiplayer game after the recent update, I get this error:

Notice:
Cannot join. The following mod event handlers are not identical between you and the server. This indicates that the following mods are not multiplayer (save/load) safe. (see the log file for more details):

mod-GhostOnWater

https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?t=48756 This link might help?

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

Should hopefully be fixed in 0.8.2 hard to test multiplayer issues alone tough (would have to probably set up a dedicated server for testing and I'm to lazy for that). Let me know if it works in multiplayer now.
It's was probably caused by me re registering an event when you changed the update delay setting, and since I changed the default in 0.8.0 you'd no longer be on the default which caused desyncs/multiplayer problems, anyways I'm no longer re registering the event handler so it should work now even if you change the setting.

Let me know if it still doesn't work in multiplayer

Also somewhat unrelated to this issue (but since it apparently worked before the update, while the issue was caused by not being on the default) but you should to change to update delay to the new default (or however fast/slow you want probably should be faster then the old default tough) since it doesn't automatically update to the new default and the old default can be really slow when combined with the limit to the number of water ghosts updated each update (by default this limit is 300 water ghosts per update if more then that are on the map not all of them will get updated every update so this can get really slow with the old delay setting)

1 year, 6 months ago

Looks like it works in multiplayer (0.9). I changed the delay to 60 ticks and left the updates at 300 each. Krissy will watch for lags.

New response