Gizmos Car Keys (improved)

by Pi-C

Tired of running to your vehicle? Then let it come to you! This mod is based on "Gizmos Car Keys" by aodgizmo. It works with most modded car and spider-vehicle prototypes -- not just vanilla cars.

Content
2 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

b [Fixed?] Incompatibility with IR3

6 months ago

This mod is adding a green circuit to the recipe of vehicles, messing with the balance. In particular is the Monowheel from Industrial Revolution, which is a super early game vehicle that greatly helps with basic exploration and planning, it's completely ruined by the addition of a green circuit and becomes unusable until it's outdated.

6 months ago

If this is an intentional addition that you want to keep, then a config option to turn it off would be nice. This mod is really cool.

6 months ago

I talked to the mod creator of Recipe Tweaker, and he added a load order fix. Anyone who has this issue can now install that mod and use it to remove the circuits to fix this issue. This is awesome.

6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

Thanks for the report, and your compliment about the mod! I thought I'd already covered my bases by adding the monowheel to the list of ignored prototypes, but apparently that's not enough for preventing the recipe change. However, I already ignore modded prototypes, so it should be an easy fix.

Would you mind adding the following to the file prototypes/3-add-circuits-to-vehicle-recipes.lua, after line 90?

if mods["IndustrialRevolution3"] then
  table.insert(ignore_recipe_patterns, "monowheel")
end

This would hard-code the exemption. In case you have other mods that provide vehicles where you think the recipe shouldn't be changed, you can also tell the authors of those mods to add the line

GCKI_ignore = true,

to their recipe definition.

6 months ago

Great, will do! I'm starting to wonder how many differences there is between IR2 and IR3 that bring up even more of these incompatibility issues. Even squeak through and it's compatibility patch mod specifically for IR3 didn't work, to the point where they have both been marked as incompatible on the mod itself.

5 months ago

Should be fixed in version 1.1.10. :-)

New response