Gizmos Car Keys (improved)

by Pi-C

Tired of running to your vehicle? Then let it come to you! This mod is based on "Gizmos Car Keys" by aodgizmo. It works with most modded car and spider-vehicle prototypes -- not just vanilla cars.

Content
2 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

b [Fixed?] Spidertron Path

10 months ago

I can't see the pathing of spidertrons that I didn't claim
This is so annoying since I usually control more than one spider group (e.g: builders, fighters, landfills, etc.)

10 months ago

Sorry, I can't reproduce this:

I started a new game without GCKI, made two spidertrons + 2 remote controls, and sent them somewhere. Both showed an indicator for the path. Then I put one spidertron into follow-mode and used the remote control of the other one to send both away. The path was only shown for the spidertron whose remote control I've used, but not for the one in follow mode.

I then added GCKI and the same thing happened: The path would only be shown for the spidertron whose remote control I've used, but not the one that was following. It didn't matter which of the two spidertrons I'd claimed, the path would always be shown for the one that I actively controlled.

Could it be that the unclaimed spidertrons are all following the one you've claimed?

10 months ago

It's not about the follow mode. It's about different spidertron doing different pathing. On vanilla the path are all shown. However with GCKI, only the one that's claimed with key are shown

[deleted message]
[deleted message]
10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

Wait, it actually fixes itself, I just change the old spidertron color which color is grey (R 0 G 0 B 0, it should be black tho, why is it grey?) and then the pathing is shown again.. hm.. weird

10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

So this is how I do it:
1. Claim spidertron A with key
3. Claim spidertron B
4. Move spidertron A. Its path is not shown

10 months ago

Thanks, I could reproduce it now. Let's see if I can figure out what's going on here! :-)

10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

This seems to be related to the color. On removing a vehicle from the GUI, I set its color to {r = 0, g = 0, b = 0, a = 0} . If the vehicle is a spidertron, the lines indicating its path will be the same color as the vehicle -- and with the alpha channel set to 0, they become fully transparent, i.e. invisible.

I guess I should set the color to {r = 0, g = 0, b = 0, a = 0.5} instead. Meanwhile, you could just click on the spidertrons and change their color to get visible path indicators again.

10 months ago

Wait, it actually fixes itself, I just change the old spidertron color which color is grey

Darn, should have read this more carefully -- but I didn't have the right glasses when I read that this morning …

(R 0 G 0 B 0, it should be black tho, why is it grey?)

You can't set the alpha channel from the spidertron's GUI, so the default (0.5) will be used. But if you're not afraid of losing achievements, you could get into the spidertron and run this from the chat console:

/c p = game.player; v = p.vehicle; invisible = {a = 0}; gray = {a = .5}; black = {a = 1}

Then set one of the colors:

/c v.color = black

(Use "invisible" or "gray" instead of "black" to see the differences.)

6 months ago

Please try version 1.1.8! :-)

New response