Gizmos Car Keys (improved)

by Pi-C

Tired of running to your vehicle? Then let it come to you! This mod is based on "Gizmos Car Keys" by aodgizmo. It works with most modded car and spider-vehicle prototypes -- not just vanilla cars.

Content
2 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

b [Fixed] Keys shortcut not working?

1 year, 4 months ago

I've just updated to the new version and it seems that the car keys shortcut isn't working - I'm pressing the button and I assume it is supposed to put the car keys in my hand, but nothing happens. Also pressing the "Your vehicles" button doesn't do anything (though I assume that's because I haven't claimed any vehicles with the new keys yet). I've enabled the debug messages in the game, but I don't see any messages or errors appear when I click the shortcut.

I'm playing with quite a lot of mods, the main game changers are Space Exploration and Krastorio2, if that's important.

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

Do you have the unlock technology researched? It usually is Automobilism. Also, why do you see the GUI toggle button if the shortcut is not available? Looks like something went wrong with the migration. Could you upload your saved game, please?

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

I've unlocked the tech long ago and have been using the car keys as an item before the update. The shortcut is available (as in - it is there on the shortcut bar), but clicking it does nothing.

Edit
Removed old link.

1 year, 4 months ago

(Also, if you need me to do some debugging on that let me know, I'm done for today, but I should find some time tomorrow evening :) ).

1 year, 4 months ago

Thanks! I think I've figured it out: the GUI is created correctly, but the handlers for shortcut and GUI events are not registered.

1 year, 4 months ago

Should be fixed in 1.1.3. :-)

1 year, 4 months ago

I can confirm, after the update the keys work as expected. Thanks! :)

1 year, 4 months ago

You're welcome! Don't hesitate to report any other bugs you may find!

1 year, 4 months ago

Sure thing!

Also, I love the update. The ability to have multiple locked vehicles and summon any one of them by switching them on the list is just wonderful. :D

1 year, 4 months ago

Thanks for the compliment! But when switching vehicles, make sure to lock your old vehicle first, or it will disappear from the GUI and you can't change back to it anymore. :-)

New response