Gizmos Car Keys (improved)

by Pi-C

Tired of running to your vehicle? Then let it come to you! This mod is based on "Gizmos Car Keys" by aodgizmo. It works with most modded car and spider-vehicle prototypes -- not just vanilla cars.

Content
2 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

b [Fixed] Crash when I enter my Vehicle (AAI)

4 years ago

Hi!
I defined a vehicle as mine by clicking the key on it. When I tried to get into that vehicle (without opening it with the key) this crash occurred:

Error MainLoop.cpp:1202: Exception at tick 2133456: O mod Gizmos Car Keys (improved) (0.18.1) causou um erro não recuperável.
Por favor, reporte este erro ao autor do mod.

Error while running event GCKI::on_player_driving_changed_state (ID 26)
GCKI/control.lua:1210: attempt to index field 'driver' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
GCKI/control.lua:1210: in function <GCKI/control.lua:1122>

Thanks

4 years ago

Hi!

Hi!
I defined a vehicle as mine by clicking the key on it. When I tried to get into that vehicle (without opening it with the key) this crash occurred:

Just to make sure: the vehicle was unlocked when you tried to enter it?

Anyway, thanks for reporting this bug. I'll try to fix it as soon as possible. :-)

4 years ago

Hi!
I belive the vehicle was locked. I just associate the vehicle to my char and tried to enter it.

Thank you

4 years ago

Could you provide a saved game, please? Makes it easier to find what really goes wrong there -- especially as I don't use AAI myself.

4 years ago

Sure!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k9xzcm0otn479es/AAI%200.18.zip?dl=1

Just left-click in Hauler (car near the player) with the keys and try to enter in it.

Thanks!

4 years ago

Does the latest version work for you? I've had no crash during testing, but it may be different in a real game …

4 years ago

Yes!
With the last mod version the problem was solved.
Thank you!

4 years ago

Great! It was indeed the dummy inserted by AAI that caused the crash, by the way. I wonder if it's even possible to have two players ride in the same vehicle if AAI is active -- do you know?

4 years ago

I don't know. It's the first time that I'm trying to use AAI.

4 years ago

Oh, no problem. Could have been that you're a long-time user of that mod. Also, as I'm not playing in multiplayer mode myself, I'm always interested in hearing about problems in that regard. So if you should happen to play MP occasionally, I'd certainly be glad about any feedback! :-D

4 years ago

Sure!
I am not currently playing multiplayer, but if I play I will try to do this test.
Thanks for your help.

New response