Gizmos Car Keys (improved)

by Pi-C

Tired of running to your vehicle? Then let it come to you! This mod is based on "Gizmos Car Keys" by aodgizmo. It works with most modded car and spider-vehicle prototypes -- not just vanilla cars.

Content
a month ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

b [Fixed] new update broke my save

4 years ago

The mod Gizmos Car Keys (improved) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event GCKI::on_configuration_changed
GCKI/control.lua:317: attempt to call field 'debug' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
GCKI/control.lua:317: in function 'init'
GCKI/control.lua:341: in function <GCKI/control.lua:340>

I'll rollback the mod version.

4 years ago

Hi! I'm sorry I broke your game. Are you sure it happened with the latest version (0.17.5)? If so, would you mind sending me a save? I've the same name on the forum, so you could send it there …

4 years ago

It's cool. Here's the save file, and the 2nd file is all the mods

http://www.filedropper.com/g13-13
https://gofile.io/?c=SIVH6M

4 years ago

Thanks! Downloading right now, I already have a suspicion what may be wrong -- we'll see! :-)

4 years ago

New version uploaded. Could you try it out and tell me if this fixes the bug?

4 years ago

It does. Thank you.

4 years ago

I'm guessing this is part of "Show Debug Messages" option, but the box is unchecked but still shows up. Tried turning it on and off again, too.

@GCKI/common.lua:44: Vehicle has another owner: false
1842.363 Script @GCKI/common.lua:44: Your Jet with Vehicle-Mounted Machine gun is now locked.
1847.236 Script @GCKI/common.lua:44: Found vehicle: Jet with Vehicle-Mounted Machine gun
1847.236 Script @GCKI/common.lua:44: Vehicle has another owner: false
1847.236 Script @GCKI/common.lua:44: Your Jet with Vehicle-Mounted Machine gun is now unlocked.
1849.312 Script @GCKI/common.lua:44: Long reach enabled: false
1849.312 Script @GCKI/common.lua:44: Your Jet with Vehicle-Mounted Machine gun has arrived!
1852.778 Script @GCKI/common.lua:44: Driving state of Nutter has changed!
1852.778 Script @GCKI/common.lua:44: Show entity == car: |true| (boolean)
1852.778 Script @GCKI/common.lua:44: Show player_index == index: |true| (boolean)
1852.778 Script @GCKI/common.lua:44: Driving state of Nutter has changed!
1852.778 Script @GCKI/common.lua:44: Show entity == car: |true| (boolean)

4 years ago

Sorry, rearranged some code and forgot to include checking for this setting! It should work with 0.17.7. However, it may be necessary to turn off the option once after loading the game.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I'm guessing this is part of "Show Debug Messages" option, but the box is unchecked but still shows up. Tried turning it on and off again, too.

1842.363 Script @GCKI/common.lua:44: Your Jet with Vehicle-Mounted Machine gun is now locked.
1847.236 Script @GCKI/common.lua:44: Your Jet with Vehicle-Mounted Machine gun is now unlocked.
1849.312 Script @GCKI/common.lua:44: Your Jet with Vehicle-Mounted Machine gun has arrived!

These can be legitimate in-game messages though. They look the same like debugging output in the log file, but debugging messages are preceded by "GCKI: " in the game. Next version will mark real debug messages in the log file.

New response