Gizmos Car Keys (improved)

by Pi-C

Tired of running to your vehicle? Then let it come to you! This mod is based on "Gizmos Car Keys" by aodgizmo. It works with most modded car and spider-vehicle prototypes -- not just vanilla cars.

Content
2 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

b [Fixed] Error on loading with bobplates

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I get the following startup error only when activating your mod together with my extensive mod pack:
<code>
Error ModManager.cpp:1323: Failed to load mod "bobplates": core/lualib/noise.lua:13: attempt to index global 'debug' (a function value)
stack traceback:
core/lualib/noise.lua:13: in function 'csloc'
core/lualib/noise.lua:151: in function 'nfvar'
core/lualib/noise.lua:355: in function 'get_control_setting'
core/lualib/resource-autoplace.lua:97: in function 'resource_autoplace_settings'
bobores/prototypes/bauxite.lua:42: in function 'create_autoplace'
bobplates/data.lua:6: in main chunk
</code>
Any ideas?

4 years ago

Thanks for the report!

It seems the debug function I made for my mod has somehow gotten into global scope and overwrites some variable of the same name that Bob uses. I'll see if I can get a fix ready without breaking anything else. :-)

4 years ago

oops ;)
I don't know anything about LUA, but I always though it sounded like a good idea when I learnt about namespaces in other languages ...

4 years ago

I agree! I'm still having trouble with the scope of variables/functions, as the bug shows.

By the way: I just uploaded a new version. Could you try if it works, please? If not, I'll try to get it right tomorrow -- I'm too tired now, it would be dangerous to mess any longer with the code … :-)

4 years ago

Good Morning! It is working fine now, I could add the mod to my game again (had disabled it yesterday) and I am able to craft keys and use them :)
Thank you for the quick fix!

4 years ago

You're welcome, and great to hear that it works again! I would appreciate if you could report anything else you notice that's not as it should be (especially in multiplayer mode), by the way. :-)

New response